Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My buddy needs help. Cancer Sucks

I know this will be Buffaloed but putting it out here in hopes that a few could throw a buck or two towards a good friends granddaughter. www.gofundme.com/illaann-and-jesse-ocker If you could share on your other forums or social media sites I'd appreciate it. 
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Count me in brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    and it won't let me post the link even
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Thanks @SGH truly appreciate it. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    edited January 2017
    Hoping for the best my friend.  Not much, but donated some.  Cancer sucks.  Cancer in kids is heart breaking.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Scottborasjr
    2 and a half years old. Cancer found in her Eye. Looks like it is trying to spread. They have removed the eye. Now this poor little girl is looking at chemo and radiation for the next 3-6 months. 
  • My family has been down this road twice. Link didn't work. PM me I will chip in. No family should have to deal with this with a kid. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    In.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    Thanks @SGH truly appreciate it. 
    My pleasure my friend. Always willing to help a friend or anyone in need if I can. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Scottborasjr
  • Scottborasjr
    I think the link above works now fellas and ladies. Any help before it gets buffaloed would be awesome. Not asking for much. I know everyone knows someone that could use some help. Every little bit will help this little lady.
  • SGH
    This ^^^^^^^^ link works. I just used it to donate. God bless my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Brother Buffalo, do the right thing. Do not strike this thread. What if it was one of your little buffaloes........

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I just did $50.   Please don't show my email if you have any control over that.
    Lost my younger sister and dad to C.
    Thank you all who have responded and donated in this short time. It truly means so much to me and the family.
  • SGH
    edited January 2017
    I just did $50.   
    You are a good man my friend. A hippy, but a good man just the same. 

Status- Standing by.

• Scottborasjr
    @nolaegghead Your email isn't available at all publicly with this. I can't thank you enough.
  • Scottborasjr
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    Cutie for sure!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    Breaks my heart my friend. I sure wish her the very best. 

Status- Standing by.

• Scottborasjr
    This little lady thanks you all for your thoughts and prayers. Chemo starts next week. #TeamIllaAnn
  • Scottborasjr
    Not gonna lie, I sometimes take my children's health for granted. When Illa got diagnosed it truly rocked my world. I love this little girl and her chances of beating this are so slim. I'm crying right now. You guys have made my day. Thank you.
  • Money sent.  I lost the first Mrs. Flintstone to C.  That little girl is beautiful!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    I'm in. Thoughts and prayers for this beautiful child.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Jcl5150
    Jcl5150 Posts: 280
    Just donated.  I have a three year old and I cant imagine having to go through this.  My prayers are with all involved.
  • I have been trying to raise some money for our local charity using Facebook. I auctioned a brisket and currently doing a raffle for pulled pork. Brisket brought in $150 and I am hoping for $120+ from pulled pork. 
    Just something to think about- turn the $50 or $20 you were going to donate into something greater. 
    I am sure there will be a great addition to the fund from these great BBQ people. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    In
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Sandy and I are in. Good Luck! Thanks for bring this to our attention
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Scottborasjr
    Thank you all so much. I'm at work right now so won't be able to respond individually but it means so much. I have a 4 year old and it just crushes me seeing them go through this. 
  • I've been in my own "struggle" for the last couple years, this post brings me back to the beginning.  It's rekindled all the emotions, fear and unknowing of what was going to happen to me and my own mortality.  It's such a devestating disease.

Please, I would love to donate to show this little girl and her parents that she is not alone in this.  Would it be possible to PM me with the address so I can send a check directly?  
    D'you think I could interest you in a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers?

Newtown Square, PA