Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Band warranty

edbro
edbro Posts: 300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The band on my mini broke so I ordered a new one this past weekend. The dealer called me a few minutes ago and said the distributor told him that the bands only have a 1 year warranty. Is this true? I thought the whole egg had a lifetime warranty. The distributor said only the ceramic is covered for the lifetime. I will call the mothership but I wanted to know beforehand before I make a fool out of myself.

One of the 2 L shaped tabs that the handle fits into broke off.

Comments

• Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    The distributor is correct. 1 year on all the metal pieces. Have someone that can weld fix it for you...

Edit: Oops! I stand corrected. I always thought all of the metal parts, grids, grates, etc. were one year. Sorry for the mis info.

Mark
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    The bands have a 5 year warranty, but, it doesn't cover rusting. Also, not sure they would accept the situation you're describing!
    http://www.biggreenegg.com/warranty.html
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    The warranty is on the big green egg website:

"For these reasons, the Warranty on the metal bands is limited to five (5) years, and DOES NOT COVER RUST OR OXIDATION unless there is a loss of structural integrity on the components of the EGG."

Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
  • edbro
    edbro Posts: 300
    Thanks, I'm waiting for the dealer to call me back so I can discuss with him. He told me all metal parts have 1 year. But I had my lower firebox grate replaced when it cracked. The warranty only addresses the bands so I wonder about all the other metal pieces.
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Does/did your mini have the old scissor hinge with the handle that swings down, or the new hinge with the fixed handle? If it's the old style hinge, and you're okay with it, it's too bad you already ordered a replacement, because I have a set of bands from my mini that were only used a couple of times, before I switched them over to the new style.

If you (or anyone else on the forum) wants them, just let me know.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Show your dealer the warranty on the website if your bands are less than 5 years old.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    my bands have lost their "hold" and the bottom band will drop out. I have tightened properly, double nutted (ha), etc. Think they will cover a new band?
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Miked125 said:
    my bands have lost their "hold" and the bottom band will drop out. I have tightened properly, double nutted (ha), etc. Think they will cover a new band?
    The band has a 5 year warranty @Miked125
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    2.5 year old xl and had the bands covered at the end of last year under warranty. 
    Walked into the dealer and he handed me a box from an Egg in inventory. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    Miked125 said:

try re-tightening them, they seem to stretch out with repeated heatings
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it