Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - boring marital debate

Options
2»

Comments

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    I'd tell her she was right then give her a nice foot rub. All will be good in your world afterwards.

We all know the truth though......

I agree another SV unit might be in order here, make this work for you while letting her know she is boss.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    caliking said:
    You sound like you haven't been married for long. Every married man knows that you can either be happy, or right. But not both.

You're also completely missing an opportunity to get another SV unit. " To do raw meat separately, dear."
    8 years, remember it was her idea for me to post this..... she thought she was right and that I'd listen to you guys :-)
    By any chance is she reading the responses in this thread?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    caliking said:
    You sound like you haven't been married for long. Every married man knows that you can either be happy, or right. But not both.

You're also completely missing an opportunity to get another SV unit. " To do raw meat separately, dear."
    8 years, remember it was her idea for me to post this..... she thought she was right and that I'd listen to you guys :-)
    By any chance is she reading the responses in this thread?
    Yes she is :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina hope that's not against forum rules :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I think that the bread bag would float... unless you had a way to keep it under water.

Options
    If the meat had rotavirus:

Image result for rotavirus

It could tunnel through the SV bag from the meat into the water:

Image result for virus entering cell wall

However they sink (and decompose) in the ocean of sous vide water, and the bread floats:

Image result for particles sinking

So I think your banana bread would be ok.

Options
    And if you have rotavirus running around your kitchen , you have bigger problem than meat and bread SVing together.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Thanks for the friggin nightmare fuel Nola.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    As a good friend reminded me recently, more often than not, the wife is usually right.

Even when she isn't.  ;)
    Sounds like a very wise friend.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    *sigh*  rookie mistake going to the microwave.  Throw it in the water then don't share.

Follow up with asking her why her feet are smaller than yours.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Hans61
    Options
    *sigh*  rookie mistake going to the microwave.  Throw it in the water then don't share.

Follow up with asking her why her feet are smaller than yours.
    LOL
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Diamond earrings rings, always works for me. You should buy her those as well. Hope she is reading this.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @YukonRon. Talk about wallet genocide, you could cost the man a grand!  ..."Diamond earrings"
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited January 2017
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    @YukonRon. Talk about wallet genocide, you could cost the man a grand!  ..."Diamond earrings"
    @RedSkip
     Did I mention I mess up real bad every so often, I actually have said the word "no" to my Beautiful Wife. Once.
    Although diamond earrings seem to be a huge investment initially to guarantee matrimonial bliss, it is better than 1/2 of everything. Break out the calculator, you will see I am on to something.
    Be careful, they can smell fear.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    RedSkip said:
    @RedSkip
     Did I mention I mess up real bad every so often, I actually have said the word "no" to my Beautiful Wife. Once.
    Although diamond earrings seem to be a huge investment initially to guarantee matrimonial bliss, it is better than 1/2 of everything. Break out the calculator, you will see I am on to something.
    Be careful, they can smell fear.
    You're a wise man, I've yet to do the math but I suppose you're right.  I'm still holding out though, need a backup plan in case I get in trouble.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Diamond earrings rings, always works for me. You should buy her those as well. Hope she is reading this.
    If I had a dollar for every time my wife lost an ear ring I could buy her diamond ear rings!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Ms. Hans, I commend you for wanting to know the truth and subjecting your thoughts to consideration by the members of this forum.  You're a far cry ahead of most people when they have a debate such as this.

And I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g9_wfkYjfo

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @Hans61 The best guidance I can give you is you got to him um in the mouth with a leg of lamb......this will splane it.

https://youtu.be/awIT82rSdL0
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Having met your wife, I know this is an unobtainable aspiration for you.  ;)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Hans61
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Ms. Hans, I commend you for wanting to know the truth and subjecting your thoughts to consideration by the members of this forum.  You're a far cry ahead of most people when they have a debate such as this.

I think of a man then take away reason and accountability...lol
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Foghorn said:

I think of a man then take away reason and accountability...lol

Yeah.  My wife says I laughed "a little too much" when we saw that scene.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX