Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ideas for what to do with these? (Dizzy Pig)

Options
See attached pic.  I received a Dizzy Pig sample pack for Christmas.  There are 13 different seasonings, but they're all in .46 ounce packets.  I'm wondering what I can use them on.  Obviously, they're too small for smoking a butt or brisket.  Any ideas?  Has anyone else uses these yet?

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    You can always mail them to me. 

I use cowlick on steaks steaks and burgers. Swamp venom is my favorite, it's great on chicken (I use it on spatchcock) the firewalk is good on chicken too...I did a little jerk chicken once and used it as a rub. 

The pineapple I have only used once on actual grilled pineapple and ice cream. Raging river and tsunami spin are really up to your imagination. Both are pretty light. 

I havent tried the Game On yet. I have a bunch of duck in the freezer I think I'm gonna order some and give it a whirl. 

I saw someone this this weekend on here using that red eye for scotch eggs I think. It looked amazing. 

enjoy. Good luck. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Brian22
    Brian22 Posts: 23
    Options
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    Options
    Burgers and wings work.  You can always cut a butt into country ribs and sample a bunch of flavors at ones.  This is one of my favorite ways to try rubs.  

Alt:  sprinkle on buttered popcorn. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Smoke a naked butt.  When pulling, separate into 6 piles.  Apply different rub to each pile and mix in.  It will give you an idea of what one you like best.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Yeah probably not enough for a butt however there are lots of smaller cuts you can try them on.  Some thoughts:

Pineapple head- grilled pineapple or any other grilled fruit/veggie. 
    Raging river- salmon. 
    Cow Lick/Raising the steaks - Steaks, burgers, or beef ribs.
    Dizzy pig original - ribs, pork tenderloin or loin, pork chops.
    Tsunami spin - shrimp.
    Swamp Venom/Jamaican fire walk- Wings, or a spatched chicken. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I agree with @Smokeypitt, Tsunami spin is also great on wings and shaking the tree on Chicken. Swamp Venom is great on wings as well. I have not tried the rest of them.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    There is more in those packets than you might think. You're right though, a 8-10# butt or a packer is prolly to much. Ribs you could swing and steaks and chicken etc.

I am a big fan of Red eye(beef or pork) raging river (chick or salmon) cow lick, fajitaish, raising the steaks, Fire walk, HELL, I like them all. Happy egging.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    The best pork chop that I ever had was rubbed in Raging River then basted with a mix of melted butter and maple syrup.
  • Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    Options
    You have enough to do ribs, pork loin, steaks, chops, wings...as mentioned above, there's more in there than you think. 
    I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium. 
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Appreciate you jumping in and trying our flavors! Great ideas already (thanks y'all) but if you are looking for more, we have some fun recipe ideas on our website. Have fun, and always feel free to give us a call with any questions. Happy cookin!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Brian22
    Brian22 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks everyone.  Y'all rock.
  • dgaddis1
    dgaddis1 Posts: 140
    Options
    I gave that same gift (plus the 'Ish" sampler) to two friends and myself this Christmas.  And there is more in them than you think.  Haven't had a chance to use too many of them yet though.

Mediterranean-ish is great on pizza!! 
    Dustin - Macon, GA
    Southern Wheelworks 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I agree with @Smokeypitt, Tsunami spin is also great on wings and shaking the tree on Chicken. Swamp Venom is great on wings as well. I have not tried the rest of them.
    Well what are you waiting for?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Well what are you waiting for?
    I haven't finished the rubs I received from the rub exchange yet!

Johns Creek, Georgia