Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket time...

Options
Morning All:

Haven't done a brisket in quite some time so I stopped at Restaurant Depot & picked up a 13.5# choice Angus...last evening I trimmed probably 2# of hard fat off of it, used DP Game On rub & wrapped in cling wrap for the night...got up just before 7am to start Egg...went to put the brisket on the grid & OOPS it was too LONG to fit so I improvised using a small pan to rest one end on until it could shrink enough...

Onto the Egg, dome temp just above 200 to start...

at about the 3 hour mark I checked & decided I could take the pan out...

Bumped the temp closer to 300 & headed to Mass...let it cruise at 300 until it probed easily (about 4pm)...internal just over 200...ready to pull to separate the point for burnt ends...

Wrapped the flat in foil & towel then put into the microwave (small air tight space) while I cut up the point, added some more rub (this time added some turbinado sugar to the rub) & my BBQ sauce...ready to go on Egg at 350...

These went for probably 45 minutes (a little long) before pulling off...

Close up of the burnt ends...they were meat candy!!!...

Sliced the flat & enjoyed...

Very satisfied with the taste, but dried out just a bit too quickly once sliced...however no complaints from any of the crowd eating!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments