Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For all you cowboy fans

Options
2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm neither a Dallas nor a Green Bay fan, but that was a good game. One of the better ones that I have seen. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    The only game I wish both teams could lose. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Legume said:
    Losing a close game is perfect, I can't wait for the very long Cowboys offseason second guessing Romo v Prescott and what might have been.
    The media will speculate, it's what they do. But honestly how? Prescott had an amazing season and in his rookie year took them to playoffs with #1 seed and an amazing record. Almost mounted a comeback that would have been a historic game. Only to lose to Rodgers... not too shabby even for a veteran and highly unlikely Romo would have magically won the game or had a better year. 

XLBGE 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Focker said:
    The only game I wish both teams could lose. 
    That's how I felt about Texans-Patriots.  Two good games yesterday, two clunkers Saturday.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Legume said:
    Losing a close game is perfect, I can't wait for the very long Cowboys offseason second guessing Romo v Prescott and what might have been.
    The penalties in the first half did the cowboys in, not Prescott.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Legume
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Legume said:
    The penalties in the first half did the cowboys in, not Prescott.
    Agree, I wasn't suggesting Prescott was bad or should've been replaced at all, only that a close loss will feed the second guessing circus that is Cowboy-ville and keep awkward Jerry in the news.  Entertainment value only.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    GO PACK GO!

What an epic finish, and in jerryworld no less

Both teams respect each other, both came in with solid game plans.   Gotta hand it to Dallas for not giving up early and this one came down to who had the ball last...if that next to last score was GB and they had to kickoff to Dallas with so little time left, it would have been Dallas scoring game winner as time expired.

i dont hate dallas but the self described americas team is a little too much 'look at me'   If any team should be called americas team its probably the Patriots as Patriot stands for what created america in the first place.

But, this was a great game and fun to watch

The only bad thing is that in a few weeks football is over until august....not looking forward to that dry spell....
  • ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    Wanasmoke said:
    Nicely built table!  Quality craftsmanship like that needs a cover though. I would recommend this one:

Go Pack Go!!  :o
    savage af...
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I am more up set about the CHEFS tanking it.  You need a touchdown and an extra point to tie and at least a field go to win after that if you can make the Steelers go 3 and out.  So you use over 7 minutes to get a touchdown and don't get the 2 point conversion, because your tackle pancakes the the guy coming around the end.  Both games yesterday were entertaining, but only one of them I cared about and as usual the Chefs lose again in the post season.  Guess it is better then being a Browns fan.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    RRP said:
    yljkt said:
    I bet on Green Bay to win by 3. Gonna be a good week lol... =)
    How much of a wager? Was it big enough for you to call in tomorrow and tell the boss to kiss your *ss  good bye?  :D
    Not even close. Few hundred bucks. Best bet was with my older brother, tho. A devout Cowboys fan. Bag of Fritos, bag of Buffalo pretzel pieces, bag of Cheetos, jar of Salsa. Snacks for next football weekend. $20 for snacks is nothing compared to having his team go down the tubes.I almost feel bad. ;)    
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    The best thing about dating a cowboys fan is she isn't expecting a ring.
  • Wanasmoke said:
    Nicely built table!  Quality craftsmanship like that needs a cover though. I would recommend this one:

Go Pack Go!! 
    Best post of the day. What a game. You probably heard my jubilation in Elm Grove as I was down the road in New Berlin!

I'm a father, husband and a veteran and I love food. Cooking it, thinking about it and eating it.

Equipment: Large BGE with KickAsh basket and SmokeWare SS Chimney cap

28 inch Blackstone griddle

Kenmore Gasser storage unit/overflow cooker

Click here to read more about my cooking adventure!

New Berlin, WI

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I think the Cowboys did not use the ground game enough. Too bad. There will always be next year. 
    Perfect loss, as always. All the talent, no party.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Legume
    Options
    Love this.
  • Legume said:
    Love this.

Agree.  This is classic.

I'm a father, husband and a veteran and I love food. Cooking it, thinking about it and eating it.

Equipment: Large BGE with KickAsh basket and SmokeWare SS Chimney cap

28 inch Blackstone griddle

Kenmore Gasser storage unit/overflow cooker

Click here to read more about my cooking adventure!

New Berlin, WI

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Scroll down a little for the video.