Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

They said "pulled chicken" huh? Pulled chicken???

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:
    I assume you can pull just about any muscle tissue.

I had a pulled hamstring once. Hurt like a sumb!tch!
    Pulled ham?  
    Basically if it's not chopped or sliced, then it's pulled. Such as pulled apart by Hand. So, yes, pulled ham. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    A pulled chicken sandwich with Alabama white sauce is fantastic.  
    No question of it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I wonder how many new forum members that are not from the deep south are going to wonder whether googling "Alabama white sauce" is a worksafe thing to do.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
     Perhaps IL is in a bubble of its own. 
    I live not too far from Ron and I have heard of it. I make at least one a month because my daughter loves it. 
    Well it is Alwans radio ad I was talking about and nothing against that butcher shop, but I never shop there so maybe that's why you are familiar with it. OTOH this week I mentioned "shaved ham" which I see in the delis at Schnucks and Kroger all the time but that term was foreign to a lot of people here. Perhaps I live a sheltered life but I still don't recall seeing any pulled chicken BBQ on any menu around here.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I live not too far from Ron and I have heard of it. I make at least one a month because my daughter loves it. 
    RRP said:
    Perhaps I live a sheltered life...

Well, there ya go. It's not IL, it's not Greater Peoria. It's just Ron's house. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    Options
    RRP said:

Well, there ya go. It's not IL, it's not Greater Peoria. It's just Ron's house. =)
    Whatever, Michael, but I sure don't recall any posts on this forum other than in response to this thread about any pulled chicken! 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I wonder how many new forum members that are not from the deep south are going to wonder whether googling "Alabama white sauce" is a worksafe thing to do.
    If I didn't know it, and I only saw the way some of us comment on here, I would not Goodloe Alabama white sauce at work

XLBGE 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:

Whatever, Michael, but I sure don't recall any posts on this forum other than in response to this thread about any pulled chicken! 
    Agree to disagree. I've posted many cooks that had shredded "pulled" chicken. It's not an uncommon thing Ron. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:

Cough cough.http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1199228/bawk-bawk#latest 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RRP
    Options
    Fine - you guys win. =) I will drop it and sorry I ever mentioned it! =) Pull On, Brothers! =)=)=)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    I swear I have never heard of pulled chicken. 
    Ron, if you have never heard of pulled chicken, then there is a good chance that you have never encountered pulled anus either. Just a friendly heads up so you not caught off guard, or as they say; "with your pants down", pulled anus is quite popular as well. It's actually huge in some localities. Now you know the "hole" truth my friend ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    They should. After pulling your chicken the only thing it should be covered in, is Alabama white sauce. If not, I think you need to pull it more. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Pulled BBQ chicken is delicious 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Shaved chicken is the one without feathers. Right?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited January 2017
    Options

Didnt quiet get this one pulled, it was a little premature 

XLBGE 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    :confused:  What do you think chicken salad is made out of?  Lol  ;)
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Mayo. Seems to me that's what most chicken salad tastes like.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    the mill towns along the lower merrimack use pulled chicken, ive made several dozen heavey duty slotted spoons over the years for making chicen barbs for the local places, a sandwich with no bbq sauce. fill the spoon with pulled chicken and dunk it in hot broth, squeeze it with a second slotted spoon, then its a plain burger bunn, a slice lettuce, a spoon off hellmans, top with bunn. used to be sold all over the lower valley in chicken barb shacks in mill areas, still sold in the local restaurants.  heres a pick of one made upside down and not sure why theres a tomato.

http://shannonslifestyle.blogspot.com/2014/01/chicken-barb-sandwich.html

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    the local turkey farm has a guy that jerks off the turkeys =) thats gotta be a hard job to fill
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I had the Alabama chicken sandwich today. It was excellent. 
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    I swear I have never heard of pulled chicken. 
    Ron, if you have never heard of pulled chicken, then there is a good chance that you have never encountered pulled anus either. Just a friendly heads up so you not caught off guard, or as they say; "with your pants down", pulled anus is quite popular as well. It's actually huge in some localities. Now you know the "hole" truth my friend ;)
    I was shocked it took half way thru the second page before pulled anus was mentioned!!! Lol
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I use pulled unicorn meat on the sabbath 

I assume this is the unicorn meat you're pulling....... 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I'm looking up past Pulled Chicken cooks cause I wanna make some myself, and found this thread. Y'all are sick. Love it. Thanks for the entertainment. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    I guess it's Friday
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    DMW said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Mayo. Seems to me that's what most chicken salad tastes like.
    Good salad with Dukes...others, not so much.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Honestly most the chicken I eat these days is pulled. My wife and I buy a couple of rotisserie chickens from Sam's and pull all the meat off the carcass and use it in various ways. 

This recipe from Publix is one of our favorites and it is dead simple. Publix sells this herb paste:
    Image result
    Mix the paste with mayo is magic. Spread on ciabatta rolls, add pulled chicken, spinach, mushroom, swiss and bake in the egg or in the oven. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I like my chicken limp... 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,626
    Options
    henapple said:
    I like my chicken limp... 
    it's good you have a choice.
  • northGAcock