Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

raw corn on the cob

Options
okesmokie
okesmokie Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Guys:
got some raw corn on the cob (never been cooked) that’s been shucked and all the silk taken off. What is the procedure in cooking this on the big green egg? Foil, butter, and what temp and how long to cook?
Thanks in advance……..okesmokie

Comments

• Dublin Dawg
    Options
    I put butter and wrap in foil then cook approx. 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Actually I leave the husk on mine, just peel it back, take off the silk, add butter then replace the husk and tie it with another husk.
  • okesmokie,
    you can cook 'em w/o the husk. I spray 'em w/ butter, salt & pepper them and just put them on the grill. Takes about 20-30 min at 350. Also, a nice change of pace is to cut it off the cob after grilling them and then stew it. Smoked stewed corn. Yum City.

• okesmokie
    okesmokie Posts: 150
    Options
    LandDawg, thanks i will try that

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    okesmokie,[p]Also, don't forget to scrape the cob with the back of the knife to get the good stuff out! It really makes a difference.... very sweet in there![p]Cheers!

• okesmokie,
    You can also grill them directly, turning them from time to
    time, till some of the kernals start to turn brown. Pull them
    off and put lime juice over the cob and a little salt. For an
    extra kick, sprinkle with a little red chile powder on too.
    Enjoy!