Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Love that Small

Options
Carl T
Carl T Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two_strips.jpg
<p />This evening, these two strips were my first high temp cook with my new small egg. They were sprinkled with course Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper then done 3/3/3 at 600 for medium-medium rare. Taste was perfect. That small egg is perfect for quick cooks for two. The bs breasts and chops I have been doing on it so far have been superb. The advice from the Forum that I would like the small as a compliment to my large egg was right on. I think one of those pork tenderloins posted earlier will be next.[p]Love that Small!
Carl T

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Carl T,[p]IMHO, the small does make a better steak than the large. The mini makes a better one than the small. Thanks for the picture. Very nice.[p]Spin

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Carl T,[p]Those are some good lookin' steaks![p]Smokey
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Carl T,[p]Awesome picture! I love my Small, too. I'm usually cooking for two or three and it does a fine job. For cooks for more people, I simply add more courses. For instance, a low and slow started before the guests arive followed by an hour or so cook followed by some high heat. Three cooks and the Small does them all nicely since you're starting the temps low and gradually increasing through the day. You don't even need to add lump.[p]Anyway, nice pics and enjoy,
    Cornfed

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    myegg2.jpg
    <p />Carl T,[p]You will find that grilling will be done on the small all the time now and that the big boy will be reserved for slow cooks and large meals. It is a perfect compliment to the large.[p]Tim
  • Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Carl T,[p] It would be a shame to eat that feast, so send them to me & I will look after them for you. LOL
    Nice pic's[p]Earl[p]

• Carl T,[p]Must be the kosher salt, but tiny stars are shining on the
    pic I am looking at......a stellar success, I'd say !
    The temperature is going up to 40 on Saturday. I am getting my strip steaks out of the freezer right now.[p]

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    EJ,[p]Those stars I'm sure are tiny reflections of the camera flash off of the juice sitting on the steaks. These were so juicy, it is hard to describe.[p]Carl T