Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Guru Metal control mount

anyone use it and have a picture of your install?
thinking of picking up some next mates on the way home and attaching it to the back edge of one side. 

XLBGE 

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    No pics, but I use mine as a mobile unit. I just bent the clip slightly greater than 90 degrees so it doesn't fall over when the "brain" is setting on it. I also have the magnetic holder which is pretty cool and gets used more often in my case. I just mag it to the nest or whatever. Should have the metal bracket I would think. Didn't it come with the Guru?
  • No I've got the bracket. I meant buying some nest mates. This guys had a pretty good idea. 

XLBGE 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I love the Mates. They have some three slat composite ones now that are low maintenance and offer a huge amount of landing space. Good lick either way.
  • @pgprescott
    Ive had tables in the past but my new porch is small and only temp housing. Loving the nest so the mates should be a solid investment. I have zero faith in our egg store but they say on the phone they have some wooden ones in stock. 

XLBGE