Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry-aged Steak, Fine Wine, and Fries

With apologies to those of you in colder climates, it is a gorgeous 58 degrees out right now in South Florida so I wanted to be outside as much as possible.  Convinced wife that we should have steaks (OK, didn't take much convincing).

Decided on a 24 oz dry-aged Flannery porterhouse for me and a 10 oz dry-aged rib cap medallion for her. Seasoned with Morton & Bassett's Italian Seasoning and coarse Fleur de Sel.

Wine is a 2004 Saxum James Berry Vineyard Bone Rock

Fries will be Restaurant Depot seasoned fries made in the Cajun Fryer.

Steaks will be reverse seared at 350 indirect using PS woo-CI and the BGE CI grid.

Wine has mellowed considerably from its younger days, but still drinking fine.

More photos later.

Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
Twitter: @ Bags
Blog: TheJetsFan.com

Comments

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Wow those steaks look stellar. Saw your other related post. May have to give that joint a bid. Standing by for updates. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Sounds like a fantastic night.  Can't wait to see the finished pics.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166

That's a great looking start to a fine dining experience.

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    I always enjoy seeing things I'm jealous of.
    That looks like it going to be delicious.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    We are hitting maybe 18 up here during the day. Enjoy being outside!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    That's funny.  Most of us are jealous of the food and wine.  Being in Chicago, @blind99 is jealous of the weather.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• How was the rib cap? Looks interestingly amazing 

XLBGE 
  • blind99
    Foghorn said:
    That's funny.  Most of us are jealous of the food and wine.  Being in Chicago, @blind99 is jealous of the weather.
    @Foghorn you'd better believe it. I like winter and all but right now it's 2 degrees outside.  Only thing I'm looking foreword to outside today is firing up the egg. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    blind99 said:
    Foghorn said:
    @Foghorn you'd better believe it. I like winter and all but right now it's 2 degrees outside.  Only thing I'm looking foreword to outside today is firing up the egg. 
    Now I have a vision of you standing around your egg like a homeless man hovering over a trash can fire. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• blind99
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:
    Foghorn said:
    Now I have a vision of you standing around your egg like a homeless man hovering over a trash can fire. 
    you wouldn't be the first to accuse me of that!
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Looks great
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    I don't know anything about wine but those steaks look killer!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf