Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cyberq question

Options
krobertsmsn
krobertsmsn Posts: 655
edited January 2017 in EggHead Forum
I know this sounds like such a basic question. I just want to order the right thing today. I have the set up w/pit viper fan etc for my LBGE. I want to be able to use on my MBGE. Am I understanding that all I need is to purchase the adapter for this? BBQ Guru and others are closed today so I can't verify w/them. TIA!!
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I bought one for the large and had to buy a separate adapter for my small. 

According to the website, it looks like the new adapter will work for medium through x-large.  Not sure what 'new' means...

Ceramic Adaptor - $25.00 sale: $20.00
    The new Ceramic Style Adaptor fits most medium to XL ceramic grills. The adaptor is rectangle and can be installed on the short or tall side depending on the height of your original...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    That was what I thought I understood, but the "new" part threw me. I'll order one and see what happens. I think it'll work. Thx
    Rome, GA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Medium, large, XL should all be the same unless BGE changed the door.  Mini, MiniMax, and Small all have a smaller slider.
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    Thank you @stlcharcoal you are correct. I tried it and it fits. I feel like a dummy for not trying first.I just assumed...as they say...
    Rome, GA