Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

only 2 months with a large and i already want another

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i want either a mini or small. a few questions.[p]#1. My main concern is money. With my large i have spent over $250 in accessories. I want something i can take camping. if i get mini or small, how many accessories am i looking at? i know i probably wont be needing a pizza stone, plate setter, rasised grid/grate, right? [p]#2. I have to order online, where to order mini or small?[p]#3. I just want to be able to cook for 3 people at most. a few burgers, a couple of steaks, perhaps a couple chicken breasts and a side.[p]#4. Can i use the same thermometer i use with the large egg?

Comments

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    luis, I'd opt for the small for camping. I'd add the Gratemates set-up from Chubby. With this, you can do low n slow's like a champ. IMHO, the mini is a great steak searing machine, but I feel you can do more with a small, and the small is fairly portable,,,,,if you make an egg carrier. You can find plans for those on Wess B's website. When we camp and I do pulled pork with our small, we get lots of visitors at our campsite. The smell of the butts cooking draws them in like flies![p]Jim[p]
    Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...