Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kamado komodo

I wonder if they could do tile work that makes the outside look like a mosaic of hundred dollar bills?  That would be awesome.
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited January 2017
    Think you could fit enough hundos on one to represent the cost?
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    If I ever hit the lottery I'm getting an R2D2 looking one. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    edited January 2017
    Think you could fit enough hundos on one to represent the cost?
    Is external surface area proportional or exponential to cost?  I'm thinking if you went with their largest size then maybe.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 2017
    Russian nesting dolls!  I love it.  Imagine the money you would save on lump.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    I heard they made one for somebody in Dubai tiled with those little gold bars you can buy in vending machines there.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    HeavyG said:
    I heard they made one for somebody in Dubai tiled with those little gold bars you can buy in vending machines there.
    I think gold is a little ostentatious.  I would go rubies and diamonds.  Maybe emeralds to match my eggs?
  • HeavyG
    edited January 2017
    And that's not even their largest model. I think their largest can hold an XL and a couple Large or Mediums.

Also, I'm not sure that is a Komodo Kamado - it appears to be a different company - Kamado Rocket.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    SoCalTim said:
    I find it funny at how two people can look at the same exact thing and see completely different things.

I've often heard how beautiful the design of the Komado Kamado is, but when I see it ... I just see ugly. 
    Hence the expression "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." :tongue:
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    SoCalTim said:
    I find it funny at how two people can look at the same exact thing and see completely different things.

I've often heard how beautiful the design of the Komado Kamado is, but when I see it ... I just see ugly. 
    Hence the expression "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." :tongue:
    I thought it was "beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."
  • HeavyG
    SoCalTim said:

Certainly their aesthetic doesn't appeal to everyone but all I know is I love this one:

• bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    While I appreciate the engineering in a KK I think they look like a giant penis.  While I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Dennis(the owner) from his customers, I have seen him be at best snarky and at worst a big jerk over on the kamadoguru forum.  Lastly, KK is Dennis and only Dennis, if something happened to him, there goes the company and your lifetime warranty on you $6k grill.  
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited January 2017
    bigbadben said:
    While I appreciate the engineering in a KK I think they look like a giant penis.  While I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Dennis(the owner) from his customers, I have seen him be at best snarky and at worst a big jerk over on the kamadoguru forum.  Lastly, KK is Dennis and only Dennis, if something happened to him, there goes the company and your lifetime warranty on you $6k grill.  
    Most things with a phallic shape look like penises. The egg et al are just penises without legs. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    bigbadben said:
    Most things with a phallic shape look like penises. The egg et al are just penises without legs. 
    I actually think penises look like other things, not other things looking like penises.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    You guys spend too much time thinking about penises. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that. 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    You guys are all just a bunch of troublemakers!!

Carry on...
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    $6k grill, Royal Oak mesquite briquets.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    That grill up top is just plain fugly.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    SoCalTim said:

It's not. This is the 23" Comes in many colors.

• fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Only two questions I have:
    Does it have the ability to burn Rockwood
    Foes Tom have a raised grid for it 

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,357
    edited January 2017
    Next post, vanilla sucks. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,357
    The hinge has a strut built in  B)
    BGE hinges are weak.

Jacksonville FL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    What are the two knobs on the bottom? Nuts?
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    Hans61 said:
    What are the two knobs on the bottom? Nuts?
    Bottom vents.  Turn knob, more airflow, no slider. 
  • pab
    pab Posts: 273
    @HeavyG is right, that is a Kamado Rocket. My next grill will be a 23" Komodo Kamado in terra blue. At my age, much more practical than a Harley. Cheaper too =)
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    bigbadben said:
    Pretty sure he got shown the door over at the Kamadoguru. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    bigbadben said:
    Did the company specify whose lifetime they were talking about?  B)
  • HeavyG
    yljkt said:
    bigbadben said:
    Pretty sure he got shown the door over at the Kamadoguru. 
    He did. I don't remember exactly what was said but John Setzler (the guy who owns/runs the guru forum) booted him out. Dennis may well have deserved it but Setzler has always struck me as bit thin skinned and prickly.