Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WJC Lets go boys!

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Mkay  :|
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• I am with you if by "Boys" you are referring to the Red, White AND Blue!
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    My emoji post isn't visible. 

" Canadian flag" Let's go boys! " Canadian flag" hockey stick, gold cup. 
  • hondabbq
    yumdinger said:
    I am with you if by "Boys" you are referring to the Red, White AND Blue!
    Not this time. We use those as pylons. 
  • Off to a good start
  • Canada came out good against the Russians but this tournament could go to a few teams. USA and Sweden had good outings as well. Some of the best hockey you're going to see. Let's go Canada !! Let's fire it up !!!
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Ah yes I had to do some searching to find this thread..... Tonight I witnessed something I never thought I could ever happen.  A team of Red. White and Blue Pylons beat the Big Maple Machine, for the second time in a week.

Undefeated, Champions. 

Shootouts are no way to end a game, I will give you that.  Had we lost the shootout I am quite sure I would be as disappointed as I assume you are.  Much would have preferred the game ended with a real goal.

At the same time, I will take it!
  • hondabbq
    edited January 2017

Of course I'm dissapointed. Gold is our standard. Look at the all time tournament record. 16 golds here. This is your teams 4th only. You guys won Good for you guys. 
    Gold is our expectation each year not second. Canada is the team to beat EVERY year. 

One team didn't "deserve" it over other, they both battled hard and the tempo swung both ways many many times. It was a great game to watch.

Gloat while you can, you don't get to very often. 

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Shootouts suck. It's not like they have to up early next morning, play it out I say. But no one listens to me. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    I will gloat and you will refer to our boys as cones....

6th last year 2nd this year vs 3rd last year and 1st this year.  I like the trend.

I think we can both agree that in our lives this is by far the greatest sporting event year in and year out.  It is basically the Major Junior Model vs The American College Model.  By the way, USA does not play for anything less than gold in anything.  Just fewer of us care about this event than Canada.

And yes shootouts suck, For sure.  Terrible game to allow a game to be determined by individuals.  But rules are rules.

Glad no one can say, "if we only had our NHL WJC eligible players" because we BOTH have a lot of those (even though some on TSN are lamenting that).

On to the NHL.

• abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 558
    It was a great game, well played by both teams. Congratulations to USA!

I'm not a big fan of shootouts, I like 3 on 3 OT. 

Lititz, PA – XL BGE