Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is $735 for Large (Egg only) a Good Price or should I wait?

Options
I can get a new w/ warranty locally, just the egg (no accessories) for $735.  Is that a good price or should I wait for an Eggfest/demo model?  Thanks for your help for this newbie!
L, M, MM "These pretzels are making me thirsty"

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I'd buy that now. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Buy!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Solid
    Seattle, WA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Good price. May do a little better at a fest. Not sure where you are as prices go up further from ATL, but that's about as good as I can do here in NGA. 
  • VB_egger
    VB_egger Posts: 364
    Options
    Buy. 
    VA Beach
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good price. Buy. IIRC, list price is $859, so that's about 15% off.  I paid around $730 18 months ago. And I'm in Florida. As mentioned, the further from GA, the more expensive due to shipping. Appears you are in OR.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I'd check around to see whats all available locally, but sounds pretty good
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Where are you located ? If there is an eggfest anytime soon, you can probably get a nest and some other stuff for not that much more. Assuming you want those things. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Why wait, what's a few bucks extra. The egg is a lifetime unit. $ vs enjoyment. No brainer. 
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    edited January 2017
    Options
    As others have said, pull the trigger or wait for an eggfest and get a demo egg with accessories! Picked my LBGE demo up for about $700 plate setter, small bag of lump, and block of starters.

Edit:
    Oh and a nest came with it too.
    LBGE
    AL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Window of opportunity open, then window shut.  Jump while open.  Applies to most things in life as well.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That is a great deal in my opinion. I would not let it get away from me. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • PlanSB
    PlanSB Posts: 90
    Options
    Place by me, as of last week, had a L with nest, side tables, handler, and i believe plate setter for $800. I think it was a floor model but still thought that was a great deal.  Im in southeast PA, if anyone wants the location PM me. 
  • garthb4903
    Options
    As others have said, pull the trigger or wait for an eggfest and get a demo egg with accessories! Picked my LBGE demo up for about $700 plate setter, small bag of lump, and block of starters.

Edit:
    that sounds like the Deal of the Century!  I'm moving to Alabama...

• pgprescott
    Options

Edit:

I can buy them and resell them. That's a better deal than I get. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Buy it.  Then you can watch Craigslist, eBay, or here to get the rest of the parts if you're trying to do it on the cheap.  Is it at Sam's BBQ Co?  New dealer for us.
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    A large demo egg with plate setter and nest is $699.00 at the Florida State Egg Fest in April.  XL with plate setter and nest is $949.00.  XXL with plate setter and nest is $2099.00.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • garthb4903
    Options
    A large demo egg with plate setter and nest is $699.00 at the Florida State Egg Fest in April.  XL with plate setter and nest is $949.00.  XXL with plate setter and nest is $2099.00.
    that's a great deal, I'm seeing $884 for the same thing in Portland for a L demo egg in June (that was 2015 and 2016 price)
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Where did you get that awesome Egg handle? I need one of those! Go Gators!
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options

Edit:

Move to FL that's where I had to go haha!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options

Best Price around here in PA for a large is $699. At $735 that is still a good price.

• garthb4903
    Options
    Thanks everyone, will post photos of first bake!

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Retail price in the UK with tax is £850, so around $1,060 at the current crappy exchange rate. Post Brexit exchange rate probably not even factored in yet, so prices likely to go up even more.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Um, my you can't just buy an Egg with no accessories. Impossible. Never been done. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• 36onslow
    36onslow Posts: 129
    Options
    In Nova Scotia Canada I just paid 1280 plus tax ... so over 1500 CAD