Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Mini is a real asset to the Egg family

GretlGretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My bribe to accompany Jim camping at the Oshkosh air show a couple of weeks ago was a new mini BGE. I absolutely love it, and boy did we eat well at the camp site. I took coho salmon filets, buffalo sirloin steaks, hot Italian sausage, maple breakfast sausages, and beer brats. I also egged vodka marinated cherry tomatoes in foil for the morning scrambled eggs (which were done over a propane fire), and grilled peppers and onions for the Italian sausages. We even grilled English muffins and rolls on the mini. Since camping, I've used it many time for quick grills and side dishes. I'm totally loving the size, and it's a perfect complement to my Small and Large. Easy to start, easy to clean, and I fabricated a raised grid by using the outer ring of a spring-form baking pan. Works fine.[p]That being said, I was horribly disappointed with the Web vendor from whom I ordered it. They promised for a solid month I'd have it to take camping, and it never did arrive. Fortunately a local store happened to have one, vastly overpriced, and I bought it as a last resort. The mail order mini arrived the day after we left. When I returned home, I opened the carton and discovered it was broken, and i think it had been broken before it was shipped. This is really not good. The company's now dragging its feet about accepting the return, and I ended up calling the credit card and getting them involved in the process. I have never, ever had trouble ordering on-line before this. What a pain![p]Perhaps I'm not supposed to post the name of the online company, but it was Barbecues.com. I don't mean to be confrontational at all, just an alert from one consumer to another.[p]Cheers,
Gretl

Comments