Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hopin to get Rich and Lucky Meal.

Options
Started out cubing some sweet potatoes and seasoning with S&P and some Pineapple Head and roasting indirect on the large for 45 mins.  Just realized I gotz no pic of that part.  Pulled them for later in the cook. 

Egg has been running stable @425 and I throw the carbon steel on to brown up the sausage.  Just getting started 

Next up was the cabbage, green opinions and garlic.  Once it got happy the sausage and sweet potatoes go back in 

Plated up with some Black Eyed Peas cooked with shallots and bacon.  

Happy New Years Folks!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Ima_good_egg
    Options
    Happy New year! That looks great!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Happy New Year to you and yours Matt!  Great cook brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    Happy New Year-way to hit it hard right out of the gate.  Great cook covering traditional good luck and finished on the diamond plate.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    happy new year. Next time leave the green opinions out. =)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Happy New Year!!  Great cook
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I don't know if you'll be rich, lucky, or better looking - but you'll be well fed. That looks delicious. Happy new year my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon