Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ANOTHER SRF Brisket. Pic Heavy

Options
bhedges1987
bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
edited December 2016 in EggHead Forum
New Years brisket cook. Got away from my typical sat and pepper rub and tried a new one. Paired with fries, cheesy potatoes, mac and cheese. Point going for burnt ends tomorrow with ribs. Also a pic of the new set up with the mini.

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful!  Mouth watering...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    That is a heck of a meal.  Very nicely done!!! =). Directions to your house please.?.?.?
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    Quite possible the best BBQ sandwich I've ever tasted. That's including the infamous Z-man for all you KC folk. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Beautiful. 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    Point cubed for burnt ends. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That's a great way to put this year to bed.....and you too! Well played. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Wolfie51sb
    Options
    I've always stuck with a straight S&P rub on brisket. Curious how you felt about switching gears on this one.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options

It's like a giant beautiful meteor of meat! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• bhedges1987
    Options
    I've always stuck with a straight S&P rub on brisket. Curious how you felt about switching gears on this one.
    Loved it. Getting tired of salt and pepper. Good to switch it up. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Great cook and result.  Hold the sauce and no comment on the sacrificial burnt ends deal as it is close to 2017.  Best wishes for 2017- Cap.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    Jealous.  I so want to accomplish that!!!!!!!  Two in the freezer waiting for my next try!

Awesome looking cook there!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    Jealous.  I so want to accomplish that!!!!!!!  Two in the freezer waiting for my next try!

Awesome looking cook there!
    Thanks. You'll get there. I've had lots and lots of practice. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    That looks amazing!! Happy New Year!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • eggingout1983
    Options
     Outstanding job on the  brisket !

question for you about your grill card is that a challenger? I was thinking about getting it totch 76 and whited to here from anybody that had one.  

Toronto,  Ontario,  Large, Large, Mini Max
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great cook and result.  Hold the sauce and no comment on the sacrificial burnt ends deal as it is close to 2017.  Best wishes for 2017- Cap.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMIlyzRFUjU

@lousubcap  12:10 - 12:30 .... Did you have a bad experience with cubed beef somewhere!?  Even your boy aaron franklin digs them.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• bhedges1987
    Options

question for you about your grill card is that a challenger? I was thinking about getting it totch 76 and whited to here from anybody that had one.  

Yep. It's a challenger.  I love it.  What do you want to know about it?

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• lousubcap
    Options
    @bhedges1987 -  you gotta thing for AF??  I heard him say..."If I was gonna do burnt ends..."  I think he reserves that grave mistake for the KC area.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bhedges1987
    edited January 2017
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bhedges1987 -  you gotta thing for AF??  I heard him say..."If I was gonna do burnt ends..."  I think he reserves that grave mistake for the KC area.
    LoL... Why does it bother you so much how people enjoy their bbq is my only question for you?  I see you comment on every single brisket post about it?  Cubing vs slicing makes you hate something vs love it.  I don't understand?

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• lousubcap
    Options
    Doesn't bother me at all-
  • EggHead_Bubba
    Options
    @bhedges1987... That looks so good! Well done!

Rocky Top, TN — Large BGE • Cast Iron Grate & Platesetter • Rockwood Lump

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'll take a plate of that!  Excellent cook.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• eightyfive
    Options
    Love the table. What brand?
    BGE L, Minimax, iGrill 2, Kick Ash Basket, CGS AR,  various and sundry overpriced accessories...
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Beautiful crust!  Whar rub did you use?  That sammich looks amazing. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Yuuuuuuuuuuuup!
  • eggingout1983
    Options

Yep. It's a challenger.  I love it.  What do you want to know about it

Living in Canada there is no dealers here and i'd love to know what you think of the construction of it and what you think of the quality of it? 

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Fantastic job @bhedges1987 ! I have one ready to go on tonight for the games tomorrow. Having never cooked one yet, wondering what temp and time you hit the finished line on this? Mine started at just over 14 lbs pre-trim and is likely about 12.5 lbs now.

Oh and congrats on the new Mini!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    Fantastic job @bhedges1987 ! I have one ready to go on tonight for the games tomorrow. Having never cooked one yet, wondering what temp and time you hit the finished line on this? Mine started at just over 14 lbs pre-trim and is likely about 12.5 lbs now.

Oh and congrats on the new Mini!
    Thanks! All my briskets run almost 1 hour per pound. A little over normally. Not including the rest after I pull it off. @minniemoh

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• bhedges1987
    Options

Living in Canada there is no dealers here and i'd love to know what you think of the construction of it and what you think of the quality of it? 

The quality is great. I will always own one. If for some reason I get a 2nd large I would buy a new table to fit both. Living where I do it gets really hot and really cold, so I want a well built table. Also gives me way more piece of mind if my egg ever broke during a cook vs having a wood table. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Wow, what a great way to start a new year; drooling over a gorgeous cook!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • eggingout1983
    Options

The quality is great. I will always own one. If for some reason I get a 2nd large I would buy a new table to fit both. Living where I do it gets really hot and really cold, so I want a well built table. Also gives me way more piece of mind if my egg ever broke during a cook vs having a wood table. 
    Thank you so much for letting me know.. looking like that order will be placed tomorrow AM!