Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Indirect Burger help needed quickly.

orion11
orion11 Posts: 140
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Heh all, trying indirect burgers this evening for the first time. I am thinking 1/2 pounders, indirect, 400 degrees for 45 minutes or so, until 140 internal. Does this sound correct? Getting the fire started now so chime in if you have a minute with any corrections. TIA

Comments

• Willie
    Willie Posts: 132
    orion11,
    We did our first burgers the same way on Saturday, they were perfect, more on well done side, but very moist. We will continue to cook this way in the future, no flipping.
    Bon Appetit,
    Willie

• Willie,
    Thanks dude, I will post the results and let everyone know.

• orion11,
    400 is way too high. If you want really great burgers you go to try the low n slo method. Do half pounders at 250 indirect on a raised grid. flip after 25 min. and after another 20 slab on the cheese for about 5 min. You will never go back to speed burgers. Mik

• orion11
    orion11 Posts: 140
    Well, you were correct, 400 was too high a temp for 45 mins.. I checked them after about 40 minutes and they were well past my target of 140 internal. Lesson learned but heh, they still tasted good! I will try again at 250 next time and maybe toss in some smoking wood. Thanks again all.