Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Women are crazy

Options

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Easy son, her birthday's coming up.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I don't know, I got her a coupla new garbage cans and the I Robot. She seemed happy enough.
    Did you get her a chipper shredder too??
    That would be perilous 
    edited December 2016
    Options
    In high school I wished that I could be surrounded by women when I grew up - after 45 yrs of marriage (actually went to school together since 2nd grade), I have a wife, 2 daughters and a female dog or two along the way.

This helps a lot.

Merry Christmas.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    This cracks me up. Best post in a while 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Women are crazy

Yes they are, and yet we still gave them the right to vote... and even worse, drive vehicles on public roadways.  It's outta control.

Phoenix 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

This cracks me up. Best post in a while 
    I'm here for you @DoubleEgger

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    gmac said:
    I don't know, I got her a coupla new garbage cans and the I Robot. She seemed happy enough.
    But what did you get her mother?  That seems to be the problem here. Mine got boots and a curling iron but she seems most happy with the bottle of Bailey and Fireball that I picked up for the kids to give her. 

Dude, we have three dogs and she has to vacuum every day. She was ecstatic. Sensitive guy right here.
    2 dogs and bunch of cats, I wish my husband would have given me the irobot LOL
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    A guy once told me his wife gave him a shirt and a piece of a$$ fir Christmas. Both were to big. 
  • CanadianAnvil
    Options
    Angela said:
    gmac said:
    But what did you get her mother?  That seems to be the problem here. Mine got boots and a curling iron but she seems most happy with the bottle of Bailey and Fireball that I picked up for the kids to give her. 

Dude, we have three dogs and she has to vacuum every day. She was ecstatic. Sensitive guy right here.
    2 dogs and bunch of cats, I wish my husband would have given me the irobot LOL
    My wife wants one and I'll get her one, as soon as our son is out of the stage he would want to ride on it or use it as a frisbee
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    The Roomba is Legit. We've had one for 10 years. They are worth every penny. Ours runs every night while we sleep. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    The Roomba is Legit. We've had one for 10 years. They are worth every penny. Ours runs every night while we sleep. 
    What do they do about stairs?
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    gmac said:
    What do they do about stairs?
    They avoid them, up and down.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    They have sensors that keeep them from
    going down stairs and they have little IR light towers you can set to keep them out of any area that you choose. We have one that just runs the kitchen. 
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    going down stairs and they have little IR light towers you can set to keep them out of any area that you choose. We have one that just runs the kitchen. 
    I may have to get one of these. The main floor usually needs a vacuum from the dog but there are a couple sets of stairs so I wasn't sure. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Wait, are you all talking about vacuums?? ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited December 2016
    Options
    gmac said:
    I may have to get one of these. The main floor usually needs a vacuum from the dog but there are a couple sets of stairs so I wasn't sure. 
    They are great. Stairs are not an issue. They can get tangled up in cords or stuck under a low sofa or something but once you  kind of clear the trouble spots, they are really reliable. If they get stuck, they just shut down so no damage done. Worst thing that has ever happened to us is one time my cat barfed on the carpet and one of our roombas spread it all over the place :sick:

• bgebrent
    Options
    gmac said:
    They are great. Stairs are not an issue. They can get tangled up in cords or stuck under a low sofa or something but once you  kind of clear the trouble spots, they are really reliable. If they get stuck, they just shut down so no damage done. Worst thing that has ever happened to us is one time my cat barfed on the carpet and one of our roombas spread it all over the place :sick:

The new vacuums are here, the new vacuums are here!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    gmac said:

The new vacuums are here, the new vacuums are here!
    I, for one, Welcome our new vacuum overlords...
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Cat barf... :o
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Was a bad morning. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Was a bad morning. 
    Better days ahead I hope brother Tex.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    My wife loves her Roomba. Got it for her a few years ago as she always pulled out the vacuum to touch up. Now she just puts the Roomba in the room she wants cleaned and shuts the door. I tried to get her to let me set up the automation, but she likes to just put it where she wants when she wants. Happy wife, happy life.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    edited December 2016
    Options
    A true Roomba story for you...
    Homeowner at work, dog has "accident" in house, Roomba goes on at set time.  Roomba rolls over dog poop and keeps going and going, spreading it all over the place.  True story... 

Back to the subject...I've known some crazy men too.  And yes, I am fully aware my husband thinks I'm crazy. 
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Jedi level husband

This made me lol.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    Options
    Yes we are crazy and don't forget it. We cook, clean and keep everything running smoothly. Let the wife pick out her own gift. So much easier. No wrong colors, size, etc. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    You guys know women are taught to read now-a-days right?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    LadyGT said:
    Yes we are crazy and don't forget it. We cook, clean and keep everything running smoothly. Let the wife pick out her own gift. So much easier. No wrong colors, size, etc. 
    Amen to that. Even had the wife pick out her engagement ring. Surprised her with the when and where, but I'm not risking screwing up the selection of anything she will wear. Will be 13 years next month and still going strong so something must be working.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options

+with the crazy. Yea we are, but as @LadyGT said we keep everything going. Heck I provided the financial support for my hubby the first 15 years of our marriage till he got his career off the ground. Sorry? Not in the least, he would have done the same for me. We are doing very well because of it. When I had Cancer he took care of everything for me-paid back many times what I did.

@Dredger they won't let me carry a firearm, the streets would be littered with dead during rush hour if that happened. So in the interest of safety....

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.