Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

thirdeye Spares Tutorial

Options
Rib-Rob
Rib-Rob Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just finished viewing the very well done "St. Louis Cut" link. For the foil step, it says to only seal "one" end of the pouch? Or maybe I read that wrong. Anyway they looked good.

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Rib-Rob,[p]Thanks for the kind comments. That one page is viewed about 10 times more often than any other page on my site.[p]The sentence reads: They are removed from the cooker, wrapped in foil with the meat side down, then 1 to 3 ounces of some liquid is added prior to sealing one end of the pouch. I guess it could imply sealing only one end, but it really means ... prior to making the final seal. I will make that change to clairify it.[p]FYI, I'm also going to be adding a 3rd foil option in addition to the foil pouch and tenting techniques. This one will be sort of a foil boat technique. I've done about 10 racks using the "foil boat" so testing is almost done. The guys at work really enjoy it when I do field tests. LOL[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Rib-Rob
    Rib-Rob Posts: 66
    Options
    thirdeye,
    You-Da-MAN! Thanks for the clarify.