Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    JustineCaseyFeldown Posts: 867
    edited December 2016
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JustineCaseyFeldown -  That cast iron finish is a thing of beauty.  Way to permanently borrow it.  
    And I am sure you will survive the punch along with preparing and producing a true banquet.  (No prime rib?? ;) )  Merry Christmas.
    No Prime rib this year. Beer fridge died in September and the guest list has been pared back to just the four of us.

wife and I are have wellingtons, boys are getting filets. Bought a tenderloin and parted it out the other day. Just need to assemble today for tomorrow 

oysters and lobsters tonight. Keeping it light!

Merry Christmas to you and yours, too.

oh. And the punch is pretty damn good. Straight alcohol 

might make some more. Punch bowl is empty and it's just the wife and me.

(Oh.  And my dad still has her other pan. I already stole the ancient carbon steel knives. No one wanted them because they were rusted.  Fine by me!)

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,382
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Enjoy the family time as I'm sure you will.  As all of with a few more laps of the sun will tell you, it passes quickly.  However, you never stop being a parent.
    Edit:  You New Englanders-just focused on the casual dining for this evening.  Da-n. Enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Thanks Lou. 

everyone was p!ssed this morning that they raised the price of lobsters to 7.89 a pound. Has been high all summer (6.99), and we haven't had many. Rough summer anyway, not much chance for lobsters and cookouts, but that's a different story.

i was in a line of about six people and they all got lobsters. Lots of folks do the 'night of seven fishes' and all. 

But everyone was talking about how small they were too. 

Back when i was a kid they were illegal if they were this small!
    large crawfish!

merry christmas, again. I'm off to make more punch. Hoo eeeee

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Some wild goings-on in NC the last couple of weeks. The Republican controlled state legislature has been engaging in lots of shenanigans to try and strip the incoming Governor, a Democrat, of as much power as they can.

The current Republican Governor lost by less than ten thousand votes so the Republicans are throwing a hissy-fit. The Democrats did something similar 30 or 40 years ago so tit-for-tat I guess.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited December 2016
    Options
    First thing the boy says after opening, "Dad this needs to go in the safe with your guns." 

430fps...will be a fun toy from Santa for the both of us.

And my shining moment at our family Christmas party, after hitting the Maker's Mark too hard, generating a few laughs during another dismal Bears performance.  

Merry Christmas!  
    I'm back in action now with Xocovezas.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,382
    Options
    Declared Christmas Eve victory and now proceeding to LEO with my friend Double Oaked.  Target is a smooth landing so as to reload and launch again on 12/25 after the family interactions.  On tap for the groceries but once clear, away I go.  Gonna be a fun ride, I'm sure.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Declared Christmas Eve victory and now proceeding to LEO with my friend Double Oaked.  Target is a smooth landing so as to reload and launch again on 12/25 after the family interactions.  On tap for the groceries but once clear, away I go.  Gonna be a fun ride, I'm sure.
    DO Knob Capt?  We might be on the same ride brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Botch said:
    Just came in from standing out on the back porch.  Medium snow falling, dead quiet, groceries bought for tomorrow, no schedule to stick to.  
    Haven't talked too much about my job here, the first 5 of the last 6 years of my career have been pure hell, but this last year things have really improved.  I'm happy, really happy, right now.
    Merry Christmas, folks; I appreciate every single one of you.  
    Good to hear. It's a terrible thing to be unhappy day after day, but to have obligations to fulfill. Merry Christmas to you and yours. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Bout to take my somewhat drunk ass downstairs to tackle "some assembly required "
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Bout to take my somewhat drunk ass downstairs to tackle "some assembly required "
    That usually means 49% needs to be put together.  Assembly required is 50% or more.
    Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just got a call from my mom. She took dad to the hospital about an hour ago. Good thing she did, he's probably had a heart attack. He's going in for a catheterization to see what's up right now. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just got a call from my mom. She took dad to the hospital about an hour ago. Good thing she did, he's probably had a heart attack. He's going in for a catheterization to see what's up right now. 
    Prayers for your family my friend. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Hope everything works out okay for you and your family @DMW
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    DMW said:
    Dude. Hope everything works out. Early is good. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    No assembly required for the oldest. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just talked to mom again. They put one stent in an artery that was 80% blocked. Another one needs to be done (71% blocked), but it's more complex so they will transfer him to another better equipped hospital tomorrow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Earlier, when I was at the awesome Hong Kong Market, I threw a bitter melon (picture below) in the cart, thinking it might be useful at some point.  It pretty much represents the most horrific vegetation in the melon category, which doesn't have much competition. 

So Tony (aka Henapple) was smoking a cigar or something out back.  I asked SWMBO if it wouldn't be funny as hell if I stuck this thing (looks alien) under his pillow.  Earlier I had shown Tony this melon and bla bla bla made jokes about it.  Anyway, she didn't think it would be funny at all.  Even my counter suggestion of "how about I put it ON his pillow?".  Not funny.  Drat.

So later, in a whim, I covertly put it under the pillow in our spare room where he was going to sleep. 

We ended up watching Ted, a movie about a perverted stuffed bear.  Tony laughed loudly, he was like a child that got hyper before tuckering out.  He decided he was done at some point, goin bed.  At this time I had forgotten about the heinous melon. 

Probably took him 10 minutes before he noticed it.  I thought he may have woke up the neighbors.  He came out, sleep interrupted, and laughed/yelled at me. (I was/am in the living room).  Mission accomplished. Many lolz.

Image result for bitter melon

Bitter gourd?

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Aviator I believe that's another name for it.  Devil's dildo in some circles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momordica_charantia

Options
    Was just doing some research online trying to figure out if I should be worried the airbag idiot light staying on in my Cayman should be a cause for concern.  I think I have an answer now that I understand what triggers it.  The way I drive, I want working airbags.
    Options
    Hilarious!  At least THIS TIME The News & Disturber fessed up and actually called the article an "op-ed".
    Of all the lies I tell, "Just kidding" is my favorite.

XLBGE, Jordan Lake, NC
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just talked to mom again. They put one stent in an artery that was 80% blocked. Another one needs to be done (71% blocked), but it's more complex so they will transfer him to another better equipped hospital tomorrow.
    Thoughts and prayers with you and your family Dwayne.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Prayers and best wishes from SC @DMW
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Focker
    Options
    DMW said:
    Good vibes sent from the QC.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Woke up to a couple of drips from the water line.  Felt connection, damn thing broke under pressure where the line meets the valve, shooting me in the face, water everywhere, by the time I came to and shut the valve, couple of seconds.

Then my luck, duty called.  Lol

Christmas morning, everything is closed.  My fight or flight primal instincts kicked in, quick grab of my flip flops, a grocery bag, roll of Cottonelle, and deuced in the backyard.  

Still havin' a Holly Jolly Christmas though.  :)
    https://youtu.be/gFneiheLMjk

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    Woke up to a couple of drips from the water line.  Felt connection, damn thing broke under pressure where the line meets the valve, shooting me in the face, water everywhere, by the time I came to and shut the valve, couple of seconds.

Christmas morning, everything is closed.  My fight or flight primal instincts kicked in, quick grab of my flip flops, a grocery bag, roll of Cottonelle, and deuced in the backyard.  

Lol you redneck! Merry Christmas!
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Focker said:

While I respect your open minded approach to where you deuce, you do know you can just dump a pail of water directly into the bowl and it will flush. While I would also go "natural", the family won't so I have to do the pail trick if the power goes out at the cottage and then pump quits. Pain in the arse to go to the lake for a pail of water but still....
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Focker
    Options
    Focker said:

Lol you redneck! Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours Pete. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    gmac said:
    Focker said:

While I respect your open minded approach to where you deuce, you do know you can just dump a pail of water directly into the bowl and it will flush. While I would also go "natural", the family won't so I have to do the pail trick if the power goes out at the cottage and then pump quits. Pain in the arse to go to the lake for a pail of water but still....
    Thank you!  Doubt I could've pinched it off until filling a bucket under the kitchen faucet, but definitely good to know.

Hopefully I won't have to deuce again before I fix it tomorrow. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Prayers from Texas my friend. @DMW
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX