Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Belly Sizzlin'

Options
Sliced pork belly cooking now.  They came sliced, (from Costco), about an inch thick.  Rubbed w/ Dizzy Dust and have been on about 2 hours @ 250-300deg.  Getting real close.

Of all the lies I tell, "Just kidding" is my favorite.

XLBGE, Jordan Lake, NC

Comments

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    MEGA Bacon.  Will be trying this.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    They look crispy and tasty!  How are you gonna finish/serve brother?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • herbu
    herbu Posts: 125
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    They look crispy and tasty!  How are you gonna finish/serve brother?
    Have a big family get-together tomorrow morning for our traditional Christmas breakfast.  After breakfast we open presents.  Then people set out a table of snacks while dinner is being prepared.

I got a couple packs of Hawaiian rolls.  Will simply cut the belly strips into quarters and put a piece into a roll.  Wrap them in foil and put into the oven to warm while we're doing the presents.  Then put them out on the snack table.  Maybe a little mustard or hot sauce for those that want it.  Easy Peasy.

It's one of those snacks everybody will sneak as they walk by, (so nobody sees how many they're eating)... at least that's what I'll do.  ;)
    Of all the lies I tell, "Just kidding" is my favorite.

XLBGE, Jordan Lake, NC
  • jbreed
    jbreed Posts: 98
    Options
    great idea.  love the Hawaiian rolls with it.  You have a lucky family and you know you are setting the bar for next year.  Merry Christmas!
    Castle Rock, CO - always a Husker