Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If you want to consume more information about brisket...a continuous learning journey

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,378
edited December 2016 in EggHead Forum
Texas A&M University sponsors a Camp Brisket (not to be confused with Brisket Camp =) ) that yields a lot of good information. The link to the camp is here:
http://bbq.tamu.edu/camp-brisket/  (sold out for 2017).  If you scroll down the page you will find several linked articles.  I found the below to be a solid read (but lengthy).  BTW -a few pics  ;)
http://www.themeaningofpie.com/2015/01/camp-brisket-2015/   FWIW-
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    I got thru the lottery registration this time and I am registered for January, I can't wait!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    That Texas A&M website also has great videos of classes - not sure where they are on the site, but I have seen them before. They wheel in a carcass on a hook and butcher it. Good stuff.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Did some of my senior level Chemistry and Math there one summer.  My crazy gf tore up my notes and spent the next few days taping them back together.  Good times.
    Did some of my senior level Chemistry and Math there one summer.  My crazy gf tore up my notes and spent the next few days taping them back together.  Good times.
    I'm trying to figure out if "senior level Chemistry" is a euphemism for something here.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    edited December 2016
    Options

Another writeup on camp brisket by Daniel Vaughn, the Texas Monthly writer.

www.tmbbq.com/what-i-learned-at-brisket-camp/ 
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out if "senior level Chemistry" is a euphemism for something here.
    Maybe, maybe not.  Let's just say it didn't involve a laboratory and blue product.