Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked a Maple Glazed Ham

Options

Smoked one of Malcolm's on HowToBbqright website. His Maple smoked whole ham, smoked with Cherry wood was awesome. I would highly recommend this for a Christmas dinner.
Dmcak.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That's a mighty fine looking ham my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    This looks awesome! I would love to know the method/ recipe? 
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options

Question if anyone can answer, I'll be doing 2 Snake river farms boneless hams in this manner for Christmas Eve. I'll be a guest at my sisters house. I'll be arriving about an hour to an hour and a half prior to dinner being served. Do I just finish them here at home completely and cooler them there. Or would I be best off cooking to 135 and then glazing them at her place after they sit for about an hour. Laughing, she has my old gasser and a regular oven. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

• dmack
    dmack Posts: 56
    Options
    http://howtobbqright.com/, Go to this website and look up the Maple Glazed Smoked Ham. This is a great website for cooking other iteams as well. I have used many. He has great how to videos and simple step by step instructions. Good luck, let me know what you think
    Dmcak.
  • dmack
    dmack Posts: 56
    Options
    I would think to cook them complete at one. Foil and cooler them while hot for the ride. Then if you need to you can warm them up when you arrive. Happy Holidays
    Moleman said:

Question if anyone can answer, I'll be doing 2 Snake river farms boneless hams in this manner for Christmas Eve. I'll be a guest at my sisters house. I'll be arriving about an hour to an hour and a half prior to dinner being served. Do I just finish them here at home completely and cooler them there. Or would I be best off cooking to 135 and then glazing them at her place after they sit for about an hour. Laughing, she has my old gasser and a regular oven. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Moleman said:

Moleman said:

Dmcak.
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    dmack said:
    http://howtobbqright.com/, Go to this website and look up the Maple Glazed Smoked Ham. This is a great website for cooking other iteams as well. I have used many. He has great how to videos and simple step by step instructions. Good luck, let me know what you think

Thanks!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks great 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf