Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Joetisserie

Anyone know if the Joetisserie fits a large BGE?
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    It is suppose to...and I WANT ONE!!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Yep, and it is by far my favorite BGE accessory. 
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    I wonder how well it will work with a Digi Q...
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    I wonder how well it will work with a Digi Q...
    How do you figure that????
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    It's not really about low and slow.  The Joetisserie is about even cooking and somewhat of a "set it and forget it" approach.  I've done chickens, kabobs, ribs, and even pork chops.  You get your temp where you want, get is spinning, and come back at the prescribed time to some fantastic results.  The only downside is to make sure your meat is VERY secure to the rod or the basket.  It's a moving cooking device and if you aren't careful the meat will fall off and into the coals.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • A few people on the forum use one on their large Eggs, long thread on it her:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1191809/egg-meets-joetisserie-a-new-dimension-in-egging/p1

This youtube clip shows one in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvf4pUdLBZA
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Fits perfectly on a Large BGE. I love the chicken I've done on it so much I'll never go back to spatchcocked birds. Well worth the price.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Love it.  
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

• VB_egger
    VB_egger Posts: 364
    Their divide and conquer system fits perfectly as well. My favorite accessory. 
    VA Beach
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Having an XL and Med...... patiently waiting for some new sizes.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Love mine as well!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    I had been so jealous of the Joetisserie I had even made several home-made knock-offs http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1196556/cheapisserie
    which worked well but temperature control was limited. Broke down and bought the real thing last week and am going to put it through the paces tonight on a couple birds. 

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• I want one of these top
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • smokeyw
    smokeyw Posts: 367
    So far, I have done chickens, turkey, and prime rib with my Joetisserie. I love it! I'm looking for more things to experiment on.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited November 2016
    If the Big Joe model was out I would have it for my XL. I am waiting for it to drop. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • I'm with @GATABITES on this. Go big or go home. 
  • It fits great on the large egg. I have one and love it!
  • krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    edited December 2016
    Does the skin of poultry get crispy using the Joetisserie? That is the ONLY thing I miss about the gasser/rotisserie I used to have. I've tried the cornstarch, air drying in fridge tricks without satisfaction. I still end up with rubbery skin. If I cant get crispy skin, I want one!
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Probably my favorite accessory - and it fits the large BGE perfectly. I've had it a couple of months and have cooked chickens, hens, whole turkey, turkey breast, pork loin, and rib roast. Using a basket attachment, I've also cooked pork chops, chicken breast, burgers, and sausages. 

Also, @krobertsmsn, I think the skin turns out great.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• Does the skin of poultry get crispy using the Joetisserie? That is the ONLY thing I miss about the gasser/rotisserie I used to have. I've tried the cornstarch, air drying in fridge tricks without satisfaction. I still end up with rubbery skin. If I cant get crispy skin, I want one!

Try raising the bird up higher in the dome and cooking it at 400 degrees.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• dgaddis1
    dgaddis1 Posts: 140
    Does the skin of poultry get crispy using the Joetisserie? That is the ONLY thing I miss about the gasser/rotisserie I used to have. I've tried the cornstarch, air drying in fridge tricks without satisfaction. I still end up with rubbery skin. If I cant get crispy skin, I want one!
    Raised indirect is the way to cripsy skin IME, you can skip the air drying and all that.  Get the bird as high in the doom as you can so it's getting that radiant heat off the dome.  I've got a DIY raised rack I use, I put my platsetter in for indirect cooking, cast iron grid (at gasket level), then the raised rack is 4 or 5" above the gasket.  Cooked two cornish game hens last night, turned out great, 350*F for about an hour:

Dustin - Macon, GA
    Southern Wheelworks 
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    I own a Joetisserie and use it religiously (as a Pastafarian) in my Large!   The question I have is "If BGE decided to come up with a Rotisserie for BGE what would they name it?  Egg-tisserie just seems too .... common... There's gonna have to be a really great reason that we'll pay even more than the Joetisserie to get a device "specifically" for our Green ones, NO?  Egg-Rotarian, Spit in an Egg, Egg-Rot (well maybe not), Rotating Egg Thingy... come on ... give up some possibilities!!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I own a Joetisserie and use it religiously (as a Pastafarian) in my Large!   The question I have is "If BGE decided to come up with a Rotisserie for BGE what would they name it?  Egg-tisserie just seems too .... common... There's gonna have to be a really great reason that we'll pay even more than the Joetisserie to get a device "specifically" for our Green ones, NO?  Egg-Rotarian, Spit in an Egg, Egg-Rot (well maybe not), Rotating Egg Thingy... come on ... give up some possibilities!!!
    I don't know (or care), but you can bet they'll take a perfectly legitimate word and replace some letters with e-g-g. Roteggerie perhaps? Or something equally stupid. Offhand, I can't think of anything as ridiculous as "conveggtor", but if it can be done, I'm sure they will. And yeah, probably $300 - a nice round number. I'm waiting for the Ozark Trail version at $29.74. :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• The_Stache
    Roto-Egg_N_ator?

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    I kinda want one.. will wait for the spring and my birthday to add more crap to the patio!
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Is there truly a difference between chicken done on this compared to say a beer can chicken? 
  • The_Stache
    Rotis-R-egginator???

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• I'll try the rec for higher in the dome. Thx
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Rotis-R-egginator???

Or simply Rotis-R-Egg
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    edited December 2016

Well, I decided to check the trademark database and Eggtisserie was registered by BGE on June 7, 2016. 

Interestingly, I also see that they registered Dizzy Gourmet in 2012 in the spice/rub category. Was there any talk of BGE acquiring Dizzy Pig?

Other items of note:

Eggbrella and Reggulator (DFMT alternatives)
    Eggzilla 
    Eggspert
    Eggmitt 
    Kulinary Kamado

Here's the full list. 

BGE.png 90.2K
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com