Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

for BurntRaw... a little proof

stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
wellingtonleftovers.jpg
<p />you asked for a little proof of the wellington cook. these pics are of tonight's reheat, not the dinner.[p]these maybe don't look too good four days later. they got a bit soggy on top when wrapped warm. they were perfectly fine though after warming, and the pastry crisped up again. reheated them at 250 or so tonight to about 90 internal. ate them both myself as i worked, these were the smaller ones of 6. i didn't tap that bottle tonight. that's actually for tomorrow's dinner, and we still haven't decided what it'll be. figured since i was "showing off" i might as well go full tilt.[p]we had a different '66 tuesday night, and we'll have one a week from then til the 6th of september which is my wife's 40th....[p]at least you got me to get off my butt and connect the wife's camera to the 'puter. bad news is it's MY work laptop, and she'll be fiddling on it now with the camera i'm sure.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• BunkyRub
    BunkyRub Posts: 52
    stike,
    Wow! '66 Pape Clement-not too shabby. Sounds like you have quite a stash from 1966. My cellar only goes back to the 1980's. Had an '82 Pichon Lalande a few months ago with beef tenderloin done on the egg. Cheers!

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    stike,
    Great photo and concrats on freeing up the camera space. If I am not mistaken, that bottle of wine is the same age as you...wow.[p]Now be honest, you did the flower arrangement while jamming to some Hoff didn't ya!

• stike
    BurntRaw,
    funny thing. nice to have the camera back. took the cam to the beach, took a bunch of pics tonight.[p]kinda glad i got off my ass and hooked it up. i don't need one, cuz i have a bunch a work to use, and i still shoot film... but nice to have the digital up and running.[p]had that pape clement tonight.[p]it's in the plateau (non-BBQ) and hasn't begun to drop off.[p]for the wellington, on my actual 'day' we went with a sure-thing, which i wasn't sure would be in good condition. it was a ch. lafite rothschild. fresh as a daisy.[p]wife did the flowers. stuck in a depression glass pitcher my mom gave us a while back.[p]she was down the other night for the dinner and said, "i have one just like that. i should give it to you".[p]wife said, "you don't, you did."

• stike
    Bunky Rub,
    ah
    my cellar is all celebratory.[p]i'd rather find a steady 20-dollar bottle than jam the thing full of bordeaux.[p]got some decent stuff in there. now that burntraw got me to post pics, i'll put one up for each of our 40th birthday dinners. hence the '66s.[p]my 'showy' stuff is a pair of '57 lafites, a '15 burgundy they made about a thousand cases in 1915, during the war. was a very good vintage, but the bottle is likely more for show than anything.....[p]