Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hattie B's Fried Chicken

Options
saw this on the food network the other night on one of those "best ever" shows and it did not disappoint. I was already heading to nashville so I made this our lunch stop. Went by the downtown one and the line was two blocks long! My heart sank. I had planned this meal for a week. Looked on Apple maps and there was another one about ten minutes down the road. We hit it just right and ordered and sat down in about 10 minutes. I ordered a small white plate dunked in medium. It was amazing. Out of this world  the skin was so crispy and flavorful and perfect heat.  It was fried to perfect and the inside was the moist juiciest fried chicken I had ever had. My wife tried mine and thought it was way too spicey. She had the southern and it was great too. 

I asked for a sample of the shut the cluck up and it was on fire!! I don't think I could eat it for a meal but really had a great flavor for a few wings or for fun. It really took a minute to hit you so I told my dad it wasn't that hot. He would not let me have one up so he said "oh give me that son" and dunked a tender in it full force. I was almost rolling on the floor crying watching his face. It rocked his world!!

XLBGE 

Comments