Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burger and Calzone Weekend

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]Pretty easy weekend for the egg for me. I was just itching to try out my new pizza stone so I thought I'd do a calzone. I did one last weekend but unfortunately the new stone was in my truck and my truck was borrowed by my brother. It was still a good calzone though.[p]Anyway, I'm leaving town for a couple of days and I wanted to make some food for the wife and kids to make their life easier while I'm gone. Burgers were the requested dish. So, I timed it so I could cook 8 burgers, 350 direct, then throw on some firebricks, my new pizza stone, and kicked up the temp to 500 indirect. Threw on the calzone for about 20 minutes and it was great. We ate the calzone for dinner and the burgers were stored for lunches and dinners for them as well as the remainder of the calzone.[p]Great burgers and great calzone. ONLY thing I could caution about is that by cooking the burgers first, there was a LOT of smoke from the grease. This tasted OK on the calzone but was a BIT overpowering. If theres too much smoke for ME, thats saying something. Might try cooking in reverse order but the fire temp may be hard to control.[p]By the way, the new pizza stone is awesome. I burned through 3 old Pampered Chef stones that I had before getting a BGE version, should have done it long time ago. I still love the PC stuff, just not for the egg.[p]Troy

Comments

• Rotor
    Rotor Posts: 53
    Options
    sprinter,[p]I'll give your suggestion of putting some fire bricks under the stone next time, thanks. [p]It was a drag losing the pizza but it was more of a drag that the kids lost faith in having Dad make a pizza! I'll be getting aggro next time they want Pizza le hutt and I suggest I make them at home![p]Dave
  • Rotor
    Rotor Posts: 53
    Options
    Rotor,[p]Ooops sorry - responded to the wrong thread.[p]Dave