Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini max for sale ATL

Options

Comments

• EggHeadinFlorida
    Options

BilZol said:
    Damn @Lit, apparently you have some fans. I guess the whole "With friends like that" saying is in full effect. I could understand someone interested in actually buying it to negotiate with you in private message but this is pretty crappy treatment. Sorry bud. 

What's crappy is someone trying to defraud a business by promoting they will include a receipt or go to the dealer themselves (for a local buyer) for any warranty claims, when its crystal clear the warranty that me and thousands of other legitimate egg buyers paid for by being the original purchaser. That's crappy!

XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    BilZol said:
    Damn @Lit, apparently you have some fans. I guess the whole "With friends like that" saying is in full effect. I could understand someone interested in actually buying it to negotiate with you in private message but this is pretty crappy treatment. Sorry bud. 
    It's pretty par for the course when most people try to sell a used egg around here. I figured I would post it here first in case someone wanted to save some money but I put it on CL already. Shouldn't be too hard to get $400 there and I have a month so not really in a big hurry. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    @BilZol you want real fun, try to sell T-Shirts or Mini-Coopers.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Lit
    Options

Doesn't matter if you walk into their HQ with a broken piece or not. If you are NOT the original owner its fraud no matter how you look at it. Their rules are simple. Their policy is clear. Don't try and sell something knowing damn good and well your promoting to commit fraud.

Hey ass look back where I never said I had the receipt in the original posting. 
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Lit said:

Doesn't matter if you walk into their HQ with a broken piece or not. If you are NOT the original owner its fraud no matter how you look at it. Their rules are simple. Their policy is clear. Don't try and sell something knowing damn good and well your promoting to commit fraud.

Hey ass look back where I never said I had the receipt in the original posting. 

It was all good until you mentioned it, ass!

1.PNG 18.1K
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @EggHeadinFlorida aren't you the guy that took lowes for all they had a few years ago for a mismarked lump price tag??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @EggHeadinFlorida aren't you the guy that took lowes for all they had a few years ago for a mismarked lump price tag??

Took Lowes? Umm no. They mismarked their product. But yes that was me.
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    At least I'm not committing fraud.. Lowes made a mistake, not me.
  • Lit
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    That's what I thought. Yeah you're a real ethics barometer. 
    Now that's some funny ****. 
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    There is one locally in Ponte Vedra Beach for $500 on Craig's List. New in Box.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I bought a brand new MM egg out of a trunk with receipt because the guy said he changed his mind after getting a smoking 20% off deal. 
    It was brand new and I have the receipt, you better believe I'd use the warranty.

Reason he changed mind.... yep too heavy .
    Seattle, WA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I like busting balls just like most do here in jest.  But, why do you call this fraudulent?  Because it's not the original owner?  Dude.  Here's a scenario...you have 2 or more eggs, die and they are willed to your kids.  Egg breaks due to normal usage. Q: Is it covered?
    A: Who cares! Your dead.
    Don't be too serious it's a freaking BBQ forum :smiley::peace:

@Lit You sell that thing yet?  Betcha @The Cen-Tex Smoker would have sold it and been on his second glass of Woodford by now :lol:
    Quit stalling and sell it ....receipt and all :wink:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I like busting balls just like most do here in jest.  But, why do you call this fraudulent?  Because it's not the original owner?  Dude.  Here's a scenario...you have 2 or more eggs, die and they are willed to your kids.  Egg breaks due to normal usage. Q: Is it covered?

@Lit You sell that thing yet?  Betcha @The Cen-Tex Smoker would have sold it and been on his second glass of Woodford by now :lol:
    Second?? You don't know CT very well.

More like 5th.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options

We are not talking about "what ifs," and "scenarios"  BGE policy is clear. No matter how anyone looks at it, its fraud.

Email the mother ship and run it by them. Lets see what they say.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited December 2016
    Options
    That fire ring or fire bowl they "may" replace... might cost them a whole $5-$10... EHF...just take it easy it's all good. 
    Seattle, WA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options

We are not talking about "what ifs," and "scenarios"  BGE policy is clear. No matter how anyone looks at it, its fraud.

You will get a better response if you call Bruce.  Email takes a while for them to get back.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Lit said:

Sorry man taking advantage of an employee pricing mistake and buying everything on the shelf is way more of a scum bag thing to do. Tell yourself whatever you want to hear but it is. 
    If I remember correctly, they discovered the mistake and he bullied the manager into selling it to him after they initially refused by making a scene in the store. Bragged about it and buying the entire pallet. 

Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I'm only 15 minutes from @Lit. I could meet him and perform an inspection if anyone is interested. 

I asked for an offer less the tool cart and ash-basket but he prefers to keep it as a package. 

New Albany, Ohio 

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Speaking of the warranty, I now have a new bowl, ring and band kit for my large - its less than 3 years old. 

Gotta factor $300 one will have to spend over time  w/ no warranty.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options

Simmer down Nancy. It ain't even Friday yet.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Lit said:

Sorry man taking advantage of an employee pricing mistake and buying everything on the shelf is way more of a scum bag thing to do. Tell yourself whatever you want to hear but it is. 
    If I remember correctly, they discovered the mistake and he bullied the manager into selling it to him after they initially refused by making a scene in the store. Bragged about it and buying the entire pallet. 
    Yep.

Per the law, a price tag is nothing more than an "invitation to negotiate."  Might be bad PR for them to refuse, but they are not bound to sell at that price.  There are memo's on the board at the grocery store all the time said "we incorrectly advertised X for $x.xx/lbs, sorry for the mistake!"
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Unless it has changed Florida law requires them to honor the ticketed price.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lit said:

Yep.

Per the law, a price tag is nothing more than an "invitation to negotiate."  Might be bad PR for them to refuse, but they are not bound to sell at that price.  There are memo's on the board at the grocery store all the time said "we incorrectly advertised X for $x.xx/lbs, sorry for the mistake!"
    I would have politely shown him the door. If he didn't like that, it would be less than polite. The manager would have been applauded. IMO

Keep in mind, he never suggested it was advertised or anything just a mistake by a 18yo kid prolly.
  • Lit
    Options
    I agree I dated a girl in college that worked at a department store and people would walk around with a red pen and mark down prices and she was told they had to honor them. It was bad enough they had security watching out for it.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Lit said:
    I agree I dated a girl in college that worked at a department store and people would walk around with a red pen and mark down prices and she was told they had to honor them. It was bad enough they had security watching out for it.
    I believe this is totally false. There are distinctions between intentionally deceptive advertising and obvious human error. Some companies may choose to do the WRONG thing for PR purposes, but I would be surprised if they are required to do so. It is a different matter if they advertise a "bait and switch"  scenario.