Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Mickey said:
    No insurance Taos driver hit me on trip. Bumper, hitch, and killed both front airbags. 800 mile drive w/o bags back to Texas. 

That sucks.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jameson19
    Options

Having a homemade Naked Honey Blonde Ale and a cigar from Las Vegas Cigar Company. Monitoring the 2 pork shoulders in the Weber Snokey Mountain and 2 briskets in the large BGE!

It's 53° in Vegas and still cold by the fire...
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Mickey said:
    No insurance Taos driver hit me on trip. Bumper, hitch, and killed both front airbags. 800 mile drive w/o bags back to Texas. 
    My insurance went sky-high when I moved to NM, because almost half of all drivers were uninsured.  Any attempts to enforce the laws were shot down as racist, since most of the uninsured drivers were hispanic.  
    I miss the weather, landscapes, and food of Albuquerque, but not the locals.  Glad you're okay otherwise.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    The absolute HORROR !!!! Clumps in my 2 year old rub.... Thats it for me..This stuff sucks !!!  :D
    John......would hate to see your reaction if there was lump in your lump. At any rate....you showed it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Packing and prepping for Ireland.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Man I hope you guys have a great trip.....I am certain you will.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    Mickey said:
    My insurance went sky-high when I moved to NM, because almost half of all drivers were uninsured.  Any attempts to enforce the laws were shot down as racist, since most of the uninsured drivers were hispanic.  
    I miss the weather, landscapes, and food of Albuquerque, but not the locals.  Glad you're okay otherwise.  
    Regulation is bad, m'kay, I mean good, m'kay, I mean...I DON'T KNOW WHAT I MEAN, M'KAY!
    edited December 2016
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Thank you Robin, we will give it our best effort.

My daughter is going to be proposed to while there. Her boyfriend (and my bitter yet mortal enemy), is going to do it where the film "The Princess Bride" was shot. (Hello, My name is YukonRon, you proposed to my daughter, prepare to die)

My Beautiful Wife, the children and I are going to do some backpacking and hiking, we plan on hitting all the spots, and might take a cruise over to the highlands for a couple of days.

We have opened our home, while away, to our neighbor's daughter, and her fiancee. She is a  screen writer for the "Walking Dead" series.

The village we are staying in has zero stores, but it does have two pubs, located on either side of the driveway entrance of the house we are renting while there. It is an old castle converted into a private home, with 12 fireplaces throughout the house. We have a loaded trout stream that runs heavy this time of year behind the house on the property. The area where we are staying is right in the middle of Ireland, about 70 Km west of Dublin.

My Beautiful Wife and I are going to try and catch the Red Hot Chili Peppers, in Dublin, on the 20th.

We are hooking up with My Beautiful Wife's Family in Ireland, from Ghana, and Texas. If we do not have a great time, shame upon our households.

I started Vacation for the rest of the year last week, and already have to deal with work issues while away. WTF, It will be handled.

Anyway, happy holidays to you and Patti. Give some thought to that boat ride.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @YukonRon That sounds like a fabulous trip.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Indeed!  Have a great trip Ron!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I got voted down 11-1, I wanted to go back to New Zealand. Make the best of the situation, I guess.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SciAggie said:
    Thank you and Will do brother.
    Leaving you to bring the Wildcats back to greatness again. Keep reminding the folks here, it remains a Blue World Order, until further notice.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    SciAggie said:
    Leaving you to bring the Wildcats back to greatness again. Keep reminding the folks here, it remains a Blue World Order, until further notice.

You guys need to back off of that eggnog ya'll are drinking.....or share some.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    SciAggie said:

It's kool aid...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Watching my 5 year old, who convinced my wife she was too sick to go to school this morning, run around the house. She is constantly asking for allergy medicine. May need to have an intervention for my kindergartener. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    SciAggie said:

It's kool aid...
    With Maker's Mark.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Working on finishing up my house remodel.... Should hopefully be done by next Friday !at least with the major things.. Still have some odds and ends to do inside the house.

Got Direct Tv coming later in the week.. Getting set up with NFL and SEC network.

Spent the night at my house last night used my wood stove for the first time

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Botch said:
    Mickey said:
    Should avoid living in Oklahoma, Florida, or Mississippi as they have higher rates of uninsured motorists than New Mexico. I'd prefer the food and weather of New Mexico over those three states myself.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Options

Options
     Cleaning out the garage. Baby #2 is taking over my workout room so I'm getting moved to the garage. MM is going on Craigslist and the griddle, pizza oven and backwoods are all moving out back. Only gonna have the Simpsons kettle out front to cook on. Oh and drinking beer I was off today.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options

Options
    Options
    Options
    Oh my! 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I just had to Google that place and check out their menu. Next time I'm down that way I'm going to have to stop in and try one of their charcuterie plates.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @YukonRon Please post your trip if you can. If noone else is interested, I certainly am!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • YukonRon
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    @YukonRon Please post your trip if you can. If noone else is interested, I certainly am!
    Will do. Send what I can. I will send scene and cuisine.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Damn @nolaegghead , I could spend a day there!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio