Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where are you Cap'n Lou?

Options
2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    You keep using that friend term. Kind of uncomfortable with that. You do get the boat though so I  guess it's close, sort of
    We have literally stuck you wirh the boat every time. 

I meant in the will. The Skeeter. I want you to have it. Next time you crash in to a sandbar you will know it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    JustineCaseyFeldown Posts: 867
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Huh? Or translated to Canadian "I'm sorry, I don't understand?"
    You don't seem to understand much human culture. For an elf raised by humans 
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Rod crashed it. I got it off and navigated us home. You two were useless. Zippy and i had the 2am level heads.  Friggin Lake Lanier.  What a trip that was
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Some aspects of a Q road trip require a patient hold on the brown water rocket fuel.  For all the great brisket I inhaled in the Austin area I will greatly accept the hiatus.  Today's trip was up against the Navy-Army kick-off.  Hit the target destination only to watch the Middies take one in the shorts. 
    There's always next year...  Doesn't matter that you were winners of 14 straight, you have to win the one in front of you.  And now it's time for the fuel-and I fully anticipate escape velocity after a quick orbit. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Some aspects of a Q road trip require a patient hold on the brown water rocket fuel.  For all the great brisket I inhaled in the Austin area I will greatly accept the hiatus.  Today's trip was up against the Navy-Army kick-off.  Hit the target destination only to watch the Middies take one in the shorts. 
    There's always next year...  Doesn't matter that you were winners of 14 straight, you have to win the one in front of you.  And now it's time for the fuel-and I fully anticipate escape velocity after a quick orbit. 
    I think I speak for all our us when I say "huh"? 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    He said he gonna get sh!tfaced.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bud812 said:
    Thanks
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    And doesn't drink brown liquor away from home.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    bud812 said:
    Thanks

Those of us who are sober figured it out.  Oh the irony.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    bud812 said:
    Thanks

You say that like it's a good thing
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    bud812 said:
    Thanks

You say that like it's a good thing

I thought I implied just the opposite. Let me try it again.

Those of us who are sober figured it out.  OH THE IRONY.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Options
    Yup- steer clear of brown water away from home, even when the hotel is perceived as walking distance.  The meat coma experience of Austin was off the charts and I would sacrifice the brown water any time to run that gauntlet again.
    You have no idea how great you have it-but I was dang near equally impressed with the two-lane country roads with the speed limit of 75 mph; aka 120+ km/hr for those in the GWN.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Yup- steer clear of brown water away from home, even when the hotel is perceived as walking distance.  The meat coma experience of Austin was off the charts and I would sacrifice the brown water any time to run that gauntlet again.
    You have no idea how great you have it-but I was dang near equally impressed with the two-lane country roads with the speed limit of 75 mph; aka 120+ km/hr for those in the GWN.
    Ya gotta be careful on those country roads if you're amped  up on the melanin. Ask me how I know. Thankfully, I am now invisible to the po-po since I drive a pickup. I blend right in.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    So you seriously came here and didn't hit me up? #sad
  • Foghorn
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    So you seriously came here and didn't hit me up? #sad

#wise?

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker - I did make the pilgrimage to Austin but thought better of infringing as it was a mid-week stop.  Besides, I'm just gonna have to do it again.   I definitely need to raise my brisket game a few orders of magnitude after the experience.  Of course, that implies I have some idea of how to make that happen...doubtful.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Ha! Well, I work at home so I'm game any time you hit town. Please infringe- I'll play tour guide.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker -  I appreciate the "work at home" but over the forum years you have definitely been able to get out and about while having to take  several for the team.  Wish I had been so fortunate.  For the record, I da-n near OD'd on brisket and never thought such could happen.  I guess two-a-days over a few days will push the envelope.  
    And to all us brisket poseurs, if you enjoy cooking and consuming brisket then you need to hit central Texas.  Your sight-line will undergo a major calibration.  Any reputable place serves "that's friggin good" or they won't stay in business for long.  FWIW-
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yeah- I can only eat so much of it. I really enjoy making it but I always make sure that I've got a big crew to help me eat it these days. I'm good for a few slices and a sammich and that's about it. Still, there is nothing better than a piece of brisket done perfectly. It's harder that you would think to find it even here but I do know where to look. 

Gimme a shout next time you are down. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Absolutely, and today is a day without...I am experiencing withdrawl .
    So I just called an audible, pulling a Costco prime for the coming weekend (just to enjoy and sharpen the cook).  I definitely have more fun with the cook than the consumption, although all good.  No worries, I have my low limit alarms set for Costco prime but most importantly SRF.  
    I can understand pacing especially with all you have available.  No worries here, if I don't produce then I'm not gonna eat any brisket.  So the level of excellence is relative, until you have been to the top of the mountain.  But always appreciate a challenge.