Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How/Where do you Store your Accessories?

Options
As many here have predicted, within a very short time of buying my first BGE, I have accumulated a number of accessories.  They include: BGE platesetter, BGE Extended Grid, Woo, extra ceramic plate, cast iron grid and several drip pans.  Since it's an XLBGE, these accessories have a pretty big diameter and thickness.

How do you store your accessories?  I'll keep mine on a covered deck, and am thinking about some kind of cabinet.  @Wowens just started a thread and mentioned a cabinet w/ the accessories standing on edge instead of laying flat.  That seems like a real good idea to me, and might be pretty easy to build.  I don't need a hole for the egg, just storage.

Was wondering how everybody else does it, as I know a bunch of y'all have a bunch of parts.  Thanks.
Of all the lies I tell, "Just kidding" is my favorite.

XLBGE, Jordan Lake, NC

Comments

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Following this thread - also interested...
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have a Rubbermaid vertical storage cabinet for the accessories for my XL and M. It is 4' wide 2' deep and 6' tall. It has double doors. 2 bags charcoal and several smoke woods in the bottom and 2 sets of shelves above hold Woo2, AR parts and sundry. It works much better than the horizontal chest I used before. Not too elegant but suits it purpose well in a utilitarian way.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I keep it all in the egg. 
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have an Extra Large Deck Box that holds a lot of stuff - wood chunks, charcoal tub, vacuum and other boxes of cast iron & cooking stuff. The deck box is available from Amazon here

I also use these weather tight boxes as accessory storage on the tables - and I added sliding drawers for hot items to the tables

My pallet of charcoal is in the shed. Along with extra nests and assorted parts...
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • herbu
    herbu Posts: 125
    Options
    I have a Rubbermaid vertical storage cabinet for the accessories... It is 4' wide 2' deep and 6' tall. It has double doors.
    I think I saw this at Lowes the other day.  Looked at it and thought it would work.  Did you build the shelves yourself?

XLBGE, Jordan Lake, NC
  • Sethwvu
    Options
    Following...My Weber gasser is currently holding my accessories but it would benice to have a cabinet so I can move the gasser and make room for another egg. 
    Large BGE

Richmond, VA
  • Kelso
    Kelso Posts: 79
    Options
    I built a shed. 
    XL and a MM.  

League City, Texas
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I'm building a table for this purpose.  I like my XL in the nest, so table will just be for work surface and storage, will have a shallow shelf for horizontal storage and taller shelf with some vertical storage rack, also room for a tub or two.
  • Legume
    Options
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    No organizational skills here deployed for outdoor cooking. I keep some in my newly remodeled kitchen, the garage and a storage bin. Most accessories are kept in the BGE.
    I am lazy.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • herbu
    Options
    Legume said:
    I'm building a table for this purpose.  I like my XL in the nest, so table will just be for work surface and storage, will have a shallow shelf for horizontal storage and taller shelf with some vertical storage rack, also room for a tub or two.
    Exactly what I was thinking.  Would love to see a picture.

XLBGE, Jordan Lake, NC
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    On the gasser, bottom shelf of the Blackstone, bottom shelf of the charcoal BBQ and then two waterproof storage bins bought at Target. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • jstewart12a
    Options
    On top of the fridge in the garage. Lump and wood chunks/chips go on a small pallet next to the fridge. 
    1 LBGE. Winder, GA
  • Legume
    Options
    herbu said:
    Legume said:
    Exactly what I was thinking.  Would love to see a picture.
    @herbu

Well, this going to be disappointing.

My son sketched out a few ideas, but not a formal drawing.  We haven't sorted out the bottom shelf yet, probably 2x2s front to back for the slots to hold grids, etc.  Overall 30" deep, 60" long and will have a concrete top.  Holiday plans will prob delay us into January.
  • bettysnephew
    Options
    herbu said:
    I have a Rubbermaid vertical storage cabinet for the accessories... It is 4' wide 2' deep and 6' tall. It has double doors.
    I think I saw this at Lowes the other day.  Looked at it and thought it would work.  Did you build the shelves yourself?
    Sorry, been busy for a couple of days. Yes I did rig up the open wire shelving myself.  Not too elegant but it hasn't collapsed as of yet. =)
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • F3DAWG
    F3DAWG Posts: 98
    Options
    I bought this table last year at Sam's and have been very happy with it.

Keter Unity XL Indoor Outdoor Entertainment BBQ Storage Table / Prep Station / Serving Cart 
    Summerville, SC
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Gladiator cabinet from Sam's. rolling tool chest from Home Depot. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • herbu
    Options
    bettysnephew said:Not too elegant but it hasn't collapsed as of yet. =)
    I suspect it will be fine.  After all, Hiram was a builder.  ;)

XLBGE, Jordan Lake, NC
  • jbjet45
    Options
    I have a blackstone griddel (4 burner and 1 burner for the office) and a LBGE.  I just aquired a broken mini fridge to use for dry storage of my salt or rubs or whatever.  I think it should work well out in the garage with that magnetic seal.  Hoping it will keep out bugs, too...