Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bourbon aficionados!!! Looking for Weller 12yo

Options
2»

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited December 2016
    Options
    TFols said:
    There's a Total Wine not too far from me , I may be in that area next week. I can check it out for you. If they have it I can ship it to you. How many bottles are you interested in?
    If it is under $50/ bottle, I would take three. If not, I'm not interested. Thanks for the effort!
  • TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options
    TFols said:
    There's a Total Wine not too far from me , I may be in that area next week. I can check it out for you. If they have it I can ship it to you. How many bottles are you interested in?
    If it is under $50/ bottle, I would take three. If not, I'm not interested. Thanks for the effort!
    According to their site it's listed at about $26 a bottle.
    Bloomfield, NJ
  • pgprescott
    Options
    TFols said:
    TFols said:
    According to their site it's listed at about $26 a bottle.
    Game on! 
  • Grillinois
    Options
    Just saw this at the store. Is this it?
    Joliet, IL
    Large, Mini, Stoker, Smobot
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Just saw this at the store. Is this it?
    Nope... It says aged12 years under the W.L. Weller.
  • Grillinois
    Options
    Okay. I did an image search and now I know what to look for.  There's one more place by me that has a good selection of the brown stuff. 
    Joliet, IL
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    If you are a resident of Virginia the Virginia ABC stores are holding a lottery for a chance to buy one bottle of the limited supply of Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 15 Year Bourbon they will be getting.

You can enter here: 
    https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/limited-availability/lottery
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    Options
    @Phatchris The Wellers Antiquice bottle is a good buy(you can't even find it in my area). They are way overcharging for the special($30 for a 1.75 here). If you are a fan of bourbon buy the antique and enjoy!
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    CoMoBGE said:
    @Phatchris The Wellers Antiquice bottle is a good buy(you can't even find it in my area). They are way overcharging for the special($30 for a 1.75 here). If you are a fan of bourbon buy the antique and enjoy!
    Oh I have and I do whenever I can find it... It's flies off the shelf here.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Try Old Forrester, bonded. WS gave it a rating of 96. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Grillinois
    Options
    The store had one left. @pgprescott please PM me if you are interested. 
    Joliet, IL
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    $21 Here
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • pgprescott
    Options
    PM sent. Thanks!
  • pgprescott
    Options
    PM sent. Thanks!
    Thanks again Jerry! 
  • Grillinois
    Options
    Glad I could help you out. I enjoyed attending your eggfest. Karma my friend. 
    Joliet, IL
  • Captpablo
    Options
    Depending on where you are and your travels take you, keep looking. The Antique 107 is also a steller find.   I found 5 bottles on the shelves in mid October in Austin. When I lived in Baltimore/DC, was able to find it in the spring.  Its funny that some stuff I could walk right in an buy on the east coast I can't get near in Texas.    
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I would like to thank you all for helping me out. Jerry @Grillinois was not only able to find the Weller 12yo, but he met my other nephew and made the handoff very easy and painless. I'm sure my brother and his two boys will enjoy a nice drink together over Christmas dinner. Another example of the Eggcellent Egghead community. Much thanks a gain Jerry! 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I was also blessed to receive a rare bottle of single barrel Elmer T Lee from @CoMoBGE. He went so far as to slip in an extremely high quality cigar (My Father bijou). It's nice to share interests with fellow Eggers. I will savor the bourbon and cigar. Of course, the cigar will have to wait until at least next week (-7 high temp Sunday). Thank you very much Jeffery. Cheers!
  • Grillinois
    Options
    Pete, I'm glad I was able to help. Thanks again for the unexpected surprise yesterday. Enjoy the Elmer. I lucked out and found a bottle of it last week. Very smooth!
    Joliet, IL
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I was also blessed to receive a rare bottle of single barrel Elmer T Lee from @CoMoBGE. He went so far as to slip in an extremely high quality cigar (My Father bijou). It's nice to share interests with fellow Eggers. I will savor the bourbon and cigar. Of course, the cigar will have to wait until at least next week (-7 high temp Sunday). Thank you very much Jeffery. Cheers!
    Very nice @pgprescott and a nice of you to send @Grillicious.  Maybe some day we could have a drink and a cigar.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    Options
    @pgprescott Glad the Elmer T Lee and cigar made it to you safe and sound. I would drink the Lee all the time if I could find it on a regular basis. Hope you enjoy both of them. I usually have a cigar while doing l&s smokes but I don't think one will be smoked Saturday night while doing the brisket I have to do for the lady's family Christmas at 1pm on Sunday. It's suppose to be -20 at 7am Sunday morning. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    CoMoBGE said:
    @pgprescott Glad the Elmer T Lee and cigar made it to you safe and sound. I would drink the Lee all the time if I could find it on a regular basis. Hope you enjoy both of them. I usually have a cigar while doing l&s smokes but I don't think one will be smoked Saturday night while doing the brisket I have to do for the lady's family Christmas at 1pm on Sunday. It's suppose to be -20 at 7am Sunday morning. 
    I share the same sort of routine. I owe you bi time. I took just a wee nip of the elmers. Nice! Cheers and enjoy the holidays my friend!