Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Looking for Pulled Pork Shredding Forks

Steeler FanSteeler Fan Posts: 395
edited 3:04AM in EggHead Forum
I remember a while back there was some discussions on the forks, tines etc. I have gone to 2 restaurant supply stores and they never hearde of them. Can somebody help me out?[p]Thanks,'[p]Joe

• RodanRodan Posts: 32
    Steeler Fan,
    I use these:

[ul][li]Bear Claws[/ul]
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,780
    I have them too...if there was ever a tool needing a safety warning on them those things do! They may make you think of back scratchers, but those are viciously sharp and in a child's hands could be dangerous!

Dunlap, IL
  • egretegret Posts: 4,037
    Second that! These things are lethal weapons. But, they sure are handy in the right hands,

• egret, they are wicked enough to shred you or your pork! I won mine at the Texas Eggfest.

• Rodan, Thank You and everybody else for the response. You are scaring me though as far lethal, the wife may want to use them !!! Any thoughts on using Turkey holders?

• RRPRRP Posts: 16,780
    Steeler Fan,
    you mean turkey lifters like these? I prefer them over using the claws to lift out a turkey.

BTW it may seem simple as for how to hold the claws, but I find this method less tiring and gives me better control. HTH

Dunlap, IL
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,249
    Did you win them or just take your pick of the best prizes? Ha..Ha..
    Can't wait for next years Texas Eggfest. That Ed guy can sure sure get the door prize donations flowing. I'm glad we took the SUV. Is there a mini fest to span the 1 year gap?

Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • big houndbig hound Posts: 103
    Steeler Fan,
    I bought the Bear Claws that someone wrote about here a while back. I swear by them, they ripped the pork so quickly. I can't reccomend them enough.

• RRP, yep, that was my other thoughts. I decided to go w/ the Bear claws. Thanks,