Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Upper management has decided that all customer service personnel (managers included) must start wearing name tags. It might be time to dust off that resume. 
    You could just be JO. Save yourself some trouble. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Upper management has decided that all customer service personnel (managers included) must start wearing name tags. It might be time to dust off that resume. 
    J....just go to the old hello my name is name tag. Just bend the corner down so it reads Hell my name is Jeremiah. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    bgebrent said:
    @blind99, looking good man!  The bacon, you can keep the snow.
    We got 10" ! ugh! 

NO "That's what she said" jokes!
    Yeah, they missed the mark on that forecast, 1-3"? lol
    Holy crap, did they ever! The youngsters have lots of good snowman material. Perfect packing snow. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Ahhh the ole partridge in a pear tree
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • sjm1027
    sjm1027 Posts: 154
    Options
    Thinking about my next cook #3 What will it be?
    XL BGE ~ XL AR ~ XL WOO ~ 20" grate ~ 17.5" stone ~ slide guides ~ Oval grate ~ 18" drip pan ~ Thermapen MK4 ~ SmokeWare SS chimney cap ~ Weber blue tooth thermometer 
  • sjm1027
    Options
    Ha, awesome! Keith indeed
    XL BGE ~ XL AR ~ XL WOO ~ 20" grate ~ 17.5" stone ~ slide guides ~ Oval grate ~ 18" drip pan ~ Thermapen MK4 ~ SmokeWare SS chimney cap ~ Weber blue tooth thermometer 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Ok, this brings up an etiquette question.  When I am interacting with someone who has a nametag I use their name, even if they did not tell it to me.

My wife chastised me for it, so now I am self conscious, but accidentally do it at times.

Should I use their name or not?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • sjm1027
    Options
    I would say yes
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Ok, this brings up an etiquette question.  When I am interacting with someone who has a nametag I use their name, even if they did not tell it to me.

My wife chastised me for it, so now I am self conscious, but accidentally do it at times.

Not. I always put my hand out there and introduce myself. I do the same when I'm outside of work. I figure it's part of being an adult. Some one deciding that I need a name tag to do this for me, well, sucks. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:

Not. I always put my hand out there and introduce myself. I do the same when I'm outside of work. I figure it's part of being an adult. Some one deciding that I need a name tag to do this for me, well, sucks. 
    That is why they make desk drawers.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Which is where it currently resides. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Pretty sure if you have a desk your name should go on your office door, not your chest.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    The first time a customer claims the name tag scratched their car, that policy will die. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Pretty sure if you have a desk your name should go on your office door, not your chest.
    I'm ready for my name to be on the sign. Damn the door. 
    This is right!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I'm ready for my name to be on the sign. Damn the door. 
    You've got the skills, you've got the work ethic, let her rip!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I just got through exercising. It's a lot more fun eating and drinking than it is trying to work it off. And if you mention moderation at this moment I might have to do some quantum Kung Fu and whup ya through the internet...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I just got through exercising. It's a lot more fun eating and drinking than it is trying to work it off. And if you mention moderation at this moment I might have to do some quantum Kung Fu and whup ya through the internet...

I built out a pretty respectable fitness room.  Mirrors on two walls, a couple machines, free bench with squat rack, a heavy bag, and a dumbbell rack.  

It was a lot of work and expense for a place to hang laundry...

Phoenix 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    My wife recorded the Victoria Secret fashion show for me  =)
    Jacksonville FL
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Just saw this on my Facebook feed.  :o

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I was about to say "wrong forum".
    Options
    Your Facebook feed you say?

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Your Facebook feed you say?
    Yeah. It was on a yard sale site. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Here's a few photos I managed to take of the decorations in Singapore. One is the front of my hotel, the others are on Orchard Road.

Currently, it looks like I may have some free time on Thursday before I leave. I hope that is the case.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Looks like short dress weather @DMW :o:o:o
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Working on a new Cajun Pig Cake recipe. Looking to make one I don't need to deep fry.
    Pan Seared Blackened Cajun Pig Cake within a Sweet Onion Ring.

Fist run, first pic below.

I post it when I get it completely worked out. But my neighbors like it so far!!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Another merger at work.  Mandatory OT now through the start of February. :|
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Another merger at work.  Mandatory OT now through the start of February. :|
    Bummer brother.  I hope it goes fast and that change is good for you besides the OT.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Thanks man.  The typical corporate buzzwords are alive and strong here.

"Grow the firm both organically and inorganically by merging/acquiring other firms who are cut from the same cloth." 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio