Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I miss stike. Wish he would come back

Options

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Eggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,896
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Haha that is funny sh!t Steven. You guys humor is great. If you can get him back ask him to please bring @Big Green Dave with him. Hardest I've laughed and cried in a single post was the tree rat/wine post. Priceless. 
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    And his photoshop skills are beyond comprehension.
    Snellville, GA

• Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Ahem. "...and he used his bottom as a trumpet" is a translation of that ending Latin line of Dante's. I remember Stike well. Once I criticized him and he sent me a long personal message philosophizing about it. Can't remember what the offense was, but he sure was eloquent!
    Judy in San Diego
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    I wasn't around when he was, but didn't he come back with a different handle?
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Overrated blowhard. Know it all. 
    He has driven off too many good people, like tweev and rubmyrock and that guy who juat wanted to share his love of shun knives. 

Menace

he lurks here occasionally under the name "zippy lisp" or something similar. 

Frankly, all he ever did was parrot Kenji 

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Ahem. "...and he used his bottom as a trumpet" is a translation of that ending Latin line of Dante's. I remember Stike well. Once I criticized him and he sent me a long personal message philosophizing about it. Can't remember what the offense was, but he sure was eloquent!
    I don't think he took offense. He probably wanted to make sure you weren't offended.

As stupid as he was, in person he was actually quite polite.

I would say 99.99% of folks don't realize he is kidding or being sarcastic

but that aside, if i heard he fell off a cliff and was killed tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear
  • jabam
    Options
    I don't think he took offense. He probably wanted to make sure you weren't offended.

but that aside, if i heard he fell off a cliff and was killed tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear
    Ouch!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    jabam said:
    I wasn't around when he was, but didn't he come back with a different handle?
    For a while he used @Darby_Crenshaw
    That was definitely the old @stike
    I sent "Darby" a question about a very old Bible that belonged to my grandmother and the response he gave was certainly "stike like". 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options

The most polite, reserved, conservatively thoughtful guy.  Always hoped he'd be more open and honest.  I fear for him having been gone so long.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    @Just in Case He Fell Down: You are hilarious!
    Judy in San Diego
  • jabam
    Options
    Ok I got it. 
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    @Just in Case He Fell Down: You are hilarious!
    That's the first time i got it. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Screw stike. I miss Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    He's always racing to be one step ahead of the law.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    jabam said:

Ouch!!
    Well. There's a very logical and simple reason why I wouldn't have any reaction if he dropped dead tomorrow

:)
    That reason is...welcome back, Stike. How are the boys doing?
    Judy in San Diego
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Don't miss him at all- his constant harping on the virtues of japanese knives combined with his overboard opinions about throwing leftovers away after a single day really started to wear on me.  

Plus his insistance on covering beef in a bag when dry aging and never going past 14 days was just wrong. Don't get me started on his hatred of charcuterie, diatribes about the virtues of paperback books, etc. 

Yep- don't think we have had another member spout so much baseless garbage- it's almost like he never attended a science class or was even willing to use basic common sense. 

Plus did you see those pumpkins he used to carve? My 6 year old could do better.

Greensboro, NC
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    He’s a small, hurtful, envious, spiteful little man-child and I for one am glad he’s gone for anyone that revels in causing dissension and strife as he did for so many years doesn’t belong on the internet.
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    He’s a small, hurtful, envious, spiteful little man-child and I for one am glad he’s gone for anyone that revels in causing dissension and strife as he did for so many years doesn’t belong on the internet.

I agree. He somehow posted that under my handle. A cruel man for sure.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Seems as if he never left.  Just reincarnated into different handle personas.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    I miss SenecaTheYounger  =)
    canuckland
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    stike was dead before I joined, luckily old threads don't die :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Seneca was not stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    edited December 2016
    Options

I heard he cooked some steaks he left in the fridge uncovered for 3 days and died a horrible painful death from food poisoning.  Turned out his fridge thermostat was off and the steak hit 40.5 degrees.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @Canugghead said:
    I miss SenecaTheYounger 

I recall that after his absence, the word then is as now-not stike although his posts definitely had a similar composition and style.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Personally. seneca seemed to be a bit dry and flat and clinical. Not in a bad way. Just sorta lacking social skills. Even more than stike 
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    6 weeks ago I was hoping to see one of the pumpkin carvings. Man I wish I had 1% of the artistic skills that were used in carving them. 
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    JustineCaseyFeldown Posts: 867
    edited December 2016
    Options

For my wife. Her favorite is the Legend of Sleepy Hollow

it wraps around, but here's the pithy part. HH chasing Ichabod. Black horse, white horse. Giant moon behind them

imgur won't let me link the album on mobile. Here's a gif

http://imgur.com/MGZq4iS

I have done this one a couple times. Usually cartoonish. This was a bit more ominous and semi-realistic.  I also added the whole "town left in flames behind them" thing

Above, Ichabod's farm in flames

Sleepy Hollow Cemetery (above)

In daylight. 

And tossed to rot on the compost pile

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    My vocabulary does not contain the correct words to properly describe how awesome that is. Beyond your pumpkins I've never seen anything even remotely close. 
    Snellville, GA

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    My vocabulary does not contain the correct words to properly describe how awesome that is. Beyond your pumpkins I've never seen anything even remotely close. 
    Thanks. But we all have our stuff. Plenty of stuff you can do that I can't do, I'm sure