Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT IU beats NC

Options
13»

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    NC is a bunch of cheats. They should be on probation and out of the playoffs.

KY is a mill for college dropout NBA players that rarely go on to win. In fact, UK has 25 former players currently in the NBA - none has been on a championship team. That in itself is remarkable yet expected.

I am a die hard IU fan - of Bob Knight. Tom Crean era? He recruits great athletes and cripples them with a pathetic offense. In the half court, they live and die by the three pointer. Their offense is one guy dribbling, one guy on the strong side waving for a pass, and 3 guys on the weak sides standing still watching. That is why they can beat NC one night and lose to IPFW on another. I still root for them, more as a reflex than a pleasure. But - I did enjoy watching the win over NC and reminiscing about the dismantling of NC in 1981 when I was a freshman at IU.
    At least we have 25 players in the NBA. They will collectively earn hundreds of millions .If you can make it to the league, you should go, you will never replace the money you have lost by staying.
    How many does IU currently have in the league? 4, but I think 3 of those have been waived or sent to the Ds.
    I know of very few people, that would turn down a million, to stay in college.

Collectively earn hundreds of millions- and together as a group won't retire with enough to order lunch off the $1 menu at McDonald's. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    YukonRon said:
    NC is a bunch of cheats. They should be on probation and out of the playoffs.

KY is a mill for college dropout NBA players that rarely go on to win. In fact, UK has 25 former players currently in the NBA - none has been on a championship team. That in itself is remarkable yet expected.

I am a die hard IU fan - of Bob Knight. Tom Crean era? He recruits great athletes and cripples them with a pathetic offense. In the half court, they live and die by the three pointer. Their offense is one guy dribbling, one guy on the strong side waving for a pass, and 3 guys on the weak sides standing still watching. That is why they can beat NC one night and lose to IPFW on another. I still root for them, more as a reflex than a pleasure. But - I did enjoy watching the win over NC and reminiscing about the dismantling of NC in 1981 when I was a freshman at IU.
    At least we have 25 players in the NBA. They will collectively earn hundreds of millions .If you can make it to the league, you should go, you will never replace the money you have lost by staying.
    How many does IU currently have in the league? 4, but I think 3 of those have been waived or sent to the Ds.
    I know of very few people, that would turn down a million, to stay in college.

Collectively earn hundreds of millions- and together as a group won't retire with enough to order lunch off the $1 menu at McDonald's. 
    They are taught "Wealth Management" at UK in the first year. So when they use the drive through window at Mcdonald's, they can tell the NCSt grads to supersize their orders.  =) after telling their IU grad chauffeurs to drive their limo into the facility =) . Then they go home to where the tarheel grad =) is the butler, and the Kansas grad =) is walking the dogs, while the duke grad cuts the grass. =) Keeping the rest of the world working while they make millions playing...... 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jeroldharter
    Options
    Yeah, UK and "Wealth Management." I suppose it is taught by Antoine Walker? 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    he failed

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jakebge
    Options
    slightly off topic:  16 Game Winning Streak = Indiana highs school all star boys basketball over Kentucky.  

• YukonRon
    Options
    jakebge said:
    slightly off topic:  16 Game Winning Streak = Indiana highs school all star boys basketball over Kentucky.  

Yes, this is true. That is why the Kentucky boys end up At Indiana schools, and Indiana's best talent chooses UK.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jeroldharter
    Options
    I think the slots on the UK team just pay better.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Cats are the dominant team in NCAA basketball.  Don't care that you have a rub with that.  Simply pointed out the upset.  It's a big one.  And we do it with freshman.  If you want to compare quality of education I'll take that challenge.  Cats are ruling again.  Most tournament wins by far.  Just hope you don't have to play our kids.  UCLA, there's a real test.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @YukonRon, thanks for carrying the torch while I was gone!  You represented brother!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @YukonRon, thanks for carrying the torch while I was gone!  You represented brother!
    Not a problem.
    Just like Vegas, there are people playing at the nickle slots, but UK plays in the "Members Only" room, behind the velvet ropes.
    The wannabes are forced to stay on the outside. It does not stop them from enviously peering in, to see the "real" stars. They seem to all have that fixated gaze upon the best, while hoping their team may someday have a chance, to be like UK.
    You get used to it, and even throw them a bone, upon occasion, with an upset loss, but everyone still knows it is a Blue World Order. We own the game, they just participate. We are everybody's Super Bowl, every night.
    It is hard to be humble my friend, when the beat downs are delivered everyday.
    40-0. Number 9.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Jealous?

will just leave this here:)

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/sports/ncaabasketball/coach-caliparis-wonderful-life-begin-the-disclaimers.html

Best line of the article: Calipari, a voluble Chevy salesman of a recruiter.

Cue the reaponse that he hasn't actually been charged with anything. And also remember you all are screaming for the death penalty for UNC when they (bball) also haven't been charged with anything. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • jeroldharter
    jeroldharter Posts: 556
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Watched the first half of the UK v UCLA game. The UK crowd has an even lower basketball IQ than the team which is unfortunate though expected. The only thing lower than the UK basketball IQ is its graduation rate.

Good article about the Calipari cheating. Between him and the pimp of Louisville I think the state of KY has established its basketball culture. 

Every year, Calipari has a future NBA all-star team. He does less with more than even Jim Boeheim.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Bumping this in case there may be a retort...to those starring the 40-0 record. Just making it convenient for us in case Kentucky cough. Cough....falters today at home. Might not happen....but it might.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jeroldharter
    Options
    I don't worry much about UK breaking the Bob Knight/IU 1976 undefeated season mark - they just lack the mental toughness. Without a dunk or 3-pointer every so often they pout and become confused. The UK alumni should start paying them at every timeout to keep them focused.

One bit of advice regarding optics at Rupp Arena - reconsider the big banner add on the scoring desk for Old Folks sausage while Calipari is standing right there.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Ya, ya ya.  I concede a tough game.  Give these freshman a couple more months and then plan to pick up your jaw from the floor; repeatedly.