Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I leave?

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    blasting said:
    HeavyG said:
    blasting said:

All the best GMAC.  

This thread makes me feel really good about not having facebook, instagram, or twitter.  I'm a ghost.

Well...seeing how you don't have to use your real name on any of those services none of those would be problematic if one chooses to remain anonymous.

I understand you're point @heavyg, but private data and fake screen names doesn't always work for people - case in point - Ashley Madison.

I understand that it is getting harder to maintain online anonymity in a world where IP addresses are logged, Big Brother and Big Brother Inc. are watching, etc., etc. but setting up a fake forum name using a fake email address does still afford a reasonable level of anonymity.

Wasn't the problem with the Ashley Madison breach that a potentially fake screen name was tied to actual account credit card data held by that company on its servers thus allowing anonymity to be removed?

All of the services you originally mentioned are free, require no identity verification (unless one chooses to be "verified" as in the case of Twitter) and, being free, do not require any sort of credit card to be kept in their file.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    Call Hilary. She can tell you how to get around things internet and email related!!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's how I do this. I didn't burn the original account though.
    Goddammit. It freaks me out everytime you do that.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Just claim Russian hackers if anything ever comes up. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@HeavyG   Logic may be on your side on this, but I feel we have no way of knowing what capabilities will be in 5 years.  Not to mention, breaches are happening at an alarming rate.

The internet is public, and the idea that someone could pay $19.95 and get access to a searchable database of every click I've ever made is a real possibility in my mind - so I'm careful.

Phoenix 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    caliking said:
    That's how I do this. I didn't burn the original account though.
    Goddammit. It freaks me out everytime you do that.

Took me eight years to figure out why it happened. Not the sharpest drill in the index here.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SirSquatch
    Options
    You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.
    Northern VA - LBGE
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Don't do it @gmac, we need you here. Maybe you just need to throw down a few steam whistles. 
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    Call Hilary. She can tell you how to get around things internet and email related!!
    You win! Love it. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @gmac
    Glad to hear that your inquiry was job related. I get it now brother. Good luck with your endeavor.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SloppyJoe
    Options
    I'm not Sloppy nor is my name Joe.  However I did ride the Trump Train.  
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Just GTFO!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SloppyJoe
    Options
    I'm not interested in seeing GMAC leave us, however the idea of someone going nuclear midweek is very exciting...
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    SloppyJoe said:
    I'm not interested in seeing GMAC leave us, however the idea of someone going nuclear midweek is very exciting...
    I'm considering it. Stand by. 
  • SGH
    Options
    SloppyJoe said:
    I'm considering it. Stand by. 
    I have been thinking about going off on a rant myself brother Yolk. I'm long overdue one =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SloppyJoe
    Options
    I'm sitting here thinking about all the extra meat I'm going to buy next year when my business is taxed at 15% instead of 39.6%...  God Bless Trump!!  
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Legume said:
    Jeez, you all kissed husker's ass to stay, this is, um, much different.
    Nice :lol:

Easier to just turn the channel or not go on at all.  Bottom line like many pointed out... it's a free forum and it's their sandbox.  And to be fair I wasn't  pissed for myself or selfish reasons.  I felt another member was being somewhat singled out.  Now I completely understand that there is no rhyme or reason to the buffalo's madness.  I'm not going anywhere!

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Legume said:
    Jeez, you all kissed husker's ass to stay, this is, um, much different.
    Nice :lol:

Easier to just turn the channel or not go on at all.  Bottom line like many pointed out... it's a free forum and it's their sandbox.  And to be fair I wasn't  pissed for myself or selfish reasons.  I felt another member was being somewhat singled out.  Now I completely understand that there is no rhyme or reason to the buffalo's madness.  I'm not going anywhere!

Is that in Volts or Amps?  Power matters.  Looks likes it's un-pegged.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SloppyJoe
    Options
    That meter is about to hit the red...  Someone is going nuclear before Friday..

• NPHuskerFL
    edited December 2016
    Options

It's the Fucktitude Scale.  

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    NPHuskerFL said:
     Fucktitude 

That's a mighty long word there brother Husker. 

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    Options

It's is Fucktitude Scale.  

I'm furiously searching through my physics texts and engineering references...Does it have a different name other than "Fuckitude Scale"?  They didn't teach me that at a couple colleges.  Are you a Nebraska grad?  Now I get it =)
  • thetrim
    Options

Tell@NPHuskerFL Husker to get the hell outta the forum and don't come back unto Dec 11th after Army beats the Hell out of Navy!!!
    Blake, on a more serious (and more likely) note, any chance you'll come down for the Outback bowl if our boys are in it???
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    bgebrent said:

It's is Fucktitude Scale.  

I'm furiously searching through my physics texts and engineering references...Does it have a different name other than "Fuckitude Scale"?  They didn't teach me that at a couple colleges.  Are you a Nebraska grad?  Now I get it =)
    The "N" stands for Knowledge
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    bgebrent said:

It's a newly discovered measurement.  

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @thetrim Such a dickhead :lol:
    And if we end up in the Outback Bowl....I'll give that a big maybe but, teetering toward doubtfully.  We pissed the season away after the Badger game started. Let's be honest we should be more focused on recruiting.  Can we get a Effing QB with mechanics?  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:

It's a newly discovered measurement.  

Sucks getting old and youngsters can school ya.  Until dinner time.
  • thetrim
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL Love it, bro!  What about the Outback bowl?  Even after that crap game to end the season, word on the street is that's its still the Huskers game to get.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @thetrim See above edit.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014