Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It was Sunday so it must be Cedar Planked Salmon

Options

I soaked the plank in white wine for 4 hrs. then buttered it

Seasoned with Southern Flavor Garlic Seasoning, Dizzy Pig Raging River, and Dill Weed. And then Lemon juice

On the Grill Grates in the BGE @ 425*

Now do these look Wonderful! Done in 12 min.

Served with asparagus and Red Potatoes from Jackie's garden. This was truly a Wonderful Dinner

Thanks for lookin!

Ross

Comments

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited November 2016
    Options

Looks perfect, Ross!
    What's the advantage of putting the plank on Grillgrates rather than reg grates?

(Just curious.  We have GGRates too.)

Thanks -

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Mighty fine Brother Ross!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother Ross, that looks phenomenal. Question if I may, do you think that the wine made any difference? Curious to hear your thoughts.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Looks fantastic!
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ross in Ventura
    Options

Looks perfect, Ross!
    What's the advantage of putting the plank on Grillgrates rather than reg grates?

(Just curious.  We have GGRates too.)

Thanks -

Thanks Sardonicus, Grillgrates are the best

Ross
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Mighty fine Brother Ross!!!
    Thanks Johnny

Ross
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options

SGH said:
    Brother Ross, that looks phenomenal. Question if I may, do you think that the wine made any difference? Curious to hear your thoughts.  
    Thanks SGH, I use Pinot Grigio from VillaBorghetti from Trader Joe's

Ross
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options

Looks fantastic!
    Thanks Battleborn

Ross
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Fish on the planks is fantastic, great job. I find I can usually get two cooks out of my planks, then they're done.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Ross in Ventura
    I should of been more clear in my question above. My apologies for being so vague. Thus I will rephrase it. As far as soaking the plank in wine as opposed to water, did it offer anything flavor wise?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Very nice!  My question; Does the skin get crispy?  If not, how can it?  I had a plank success with Sockeye when it was in season, but didn't get the crispy skin like I wanted.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    anton said:
    Fish on the planks is fantastic, great job. I find I can usually get two cooks out of my planks, then they're done.
    Thanks Anton I only get one

Ross
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Ross in Ventura
    I should of been more clear in my question above. My apologies for being so vague. Thus I will rephrase it. As far as soaking the plank in wine as opposed to water, did it offer anything flavor wise?
    Yes it dose SGH

Ross
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    500 said:
    Very nice!  My question; Does the skin get crispy?  If not, how can it?  I had a plank success with Sockeye when it was in season, but didn't get the crispy skin like I wanted.
    No 500

Ross
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    mmmm that looks so good

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Looks tasty as usual. We'll played sir. I'd eat that any night of the week. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    Looking mighty tasty. I've never soaked planks in wine, nor have I buttered them. Will definitely try that next time. By the way, nice looking pieces of salmon. 

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• Cmyachtie
    Cmyachtie Posts: 101
    Options
    Wow!!!, thanks Ross in Ventura, my first post here, acquired my minimax few weeks ago and made my salmon today, soaked cedar for 6hrs with wine and had a challenge keeping my temp @425 mostly at or below 400 due to cold strong wind here today cooked for 30mins BUT was our best salmon dish ever!!!
    absolute awesome!!!
    thanks again for your post.
    Happy New Year to all from Nova Scotia 
    MMx, my not so large BGE
    Genesis E330 gasser 
    WiFi ANOVA SV
    Halifax, Canada