Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Remember now thy hippy, and honor him.

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Fellows the intent here was to honor our long haired friend and hopefully lure him back. Not to start a political war. So please, say kind and loving things about our missing hippy. Save the political ambush until he returns. Then we will let him have it =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • SGH
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    And I pray for a repeat in 20. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    That's just asking to have your car vandalized. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I wonder if Trump asked Petraeus today what really happened on 9/11.  Or if he had heard that all of the Sandy Hook kids were just child actors.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I wonder if Trump asked Petraeus today what really happened on 9/11.  Or if he had heard that all of the Sandy Hook kids were just child actors.

Oh oh! Think I hear a herd of bison in a stampede

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    That's despicable.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    edited November 2016
    Options
    If y'all get my thread killed I'm going to return the favor 10 fold. Starting with the Butt Blast thread. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Now let's get back to honoring our lost hippy. 

Status- Standing by.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    SGH said:
    If y'all get my thread killed I'm going to return the favor 10 fold. 

@sgh - the counter puncher.  Reminds me of someone else, but I can't place it...
    Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,949
    edited November 2016
    Options
    SGH said:
    If y'all get my thread killed I'm going to return the favor 10 fold. Starting with the Butt Blast thread. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. 
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They've killed our Butt Blast threads before, even though there was nothing political in them.  And those are threads that actually PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCT.  

You brought a spoon to a gunfight buddy.  LMAO
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    @SGH,
    Drop the hammer.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Focker said:
    @SGH,
    Drop the hammer.
    He doesn't have the balls.  He gave them all away at Brisket Camp.  
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    SGH said:
    This sounds like a Trump tweet!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    Some are still wound tight after the election.  I doubt the results will change but until certified by the EC in December, I guess there is some level of hope.  What's the straw after that?  
    There are times when "Declaring Victory" has a whole lot more impact than others.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited November 2016
    Options
    SGH said:
    This sounds like a Trump tweet!!!
    Except it's logical and coherent.  But aside from that, yeah.  Just like it. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Just got off of the phone with Nola. He is going to drop in later tonight. Everone please have your Trump guns loaded and ready =)

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    That's despicable.
    I agree.  They're all conspiracy theories peddled by Alex Jones, just like the notion of 3M illegal votes.  

Strange that Trump is so willing to peddle in conspiracy theories, right?  I mean, it's not like he chased the globe looking for Obama's birth certificate or something...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina -  conspiracy theories abound and will continue to be part of the landscape.  However, the level of conspiracy impact between 9/11, Sandy Hook and a birth certificate chase are several orders of magnitude different.  
    But they all have an audience somewhere-even the Haleakala fake moon landing.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited November 2016
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina -  conspiracy theories abound and will continue to be part of the landscape.  However, the level of conspiracy impact between 9/11, Sandy Hook and a birth certificate chase are several orders of magnitude different.  

You have lots of friends who believe in various conspiracy theories, do you?  Things are starting to make sense around here.  
  • kthacher
    kthacher Posts: 155
    edited November 2016
    Options
    lousubcap said:

You have lots of friends who believe in various conspiracy theories, do you?  Things are starting to make sense around here.  
    This Sandy Hook one makes me sick.  My niece went to a music school up here in Canada.  One of her prof's (an American) decides to return to the US.  His beautiful daughter ended up in Sandy Hook, and died that day, a few months after they moved back.

And yet we have scumbags with their extreme views, who choose to bend and twist reality to further their own sick political and/or gun agendas.  Something is really wrong with this picture.  This little girl was real. And her familiy's pain is real.  
    Winnipeg, Canada
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    kthacher said:
    lousubcap said:

This Sandy Hook one makes me sick.  My niece went to a music school up here in Canada.  One of her prof's (an American) decides to return to the US.  His beautiful daughter ended up in Sandy Hook, and died that day, a few months after they moved back.

And yet we have scumbags with their extreme views, who choose to bend and twist reality to further their own sick political and/or gun agendas.  Something is really wrong with this picture.  This little girl was real. And her familiy's pain is real.  
    I know.  The wife and I were talking about that tonight. Why peddle stuff like that?  It's just senseless.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I've never even heard of some of these idiotic conspiracies before. What kinda crap do you people read on a daily basis? Good grief!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I've never even heard of some of these idiotic conspiracies before. What kinda crap do you people read on a daily basis? Good grief!
    The new President-elect's tweets are a pretty good source.  Good grief is right!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    The new President-elect's tweets are a pretty good source.  Good grief is right!
    Looks like you two are cut from The same cloth
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @nolaegghead C'mon dude, get back in the game. Sometimes you're a pr1ck, sometimes inappropriate, but you're also a good cook, a smart fellow, and an asset to the forum. Get your bony a$$ back here and share something you cooked. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Quit being a sorry loser and just have fun with  a thread espousing a like mind.  Damn, y'all take bbq way too seriously.  I'll help you clean the MM!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    This feels like Groundhog Day. Everybody is waiting to see if Nola sees his shadow. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Carey is gonna show up and enlighten the crowd.  One day.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Oh lighten up everyone. Its just a BBQ forum. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.