Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 Tier Rack Review

Options
Why1504
Why1504 Posts: 277
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sunday night I put the three tier rack to the test. Here is the menu:[p]4 ATB's
1 Fattie (for breakfast later)
4 slices of bacon for later
4 smoked chicken breasts
Green Bean Casserole
Peach Cobbler[p]Ok here is the good. If you let the egg get good and stablized you will see approx 10 degrees of difference between each level. If you don't the difference will be 60 degrees. Now you can use this to your advantage depending on how you are cooking. The problem I had was that my dome was at 275-300 while the bottom was at 160. Once the egg had sat for about an hour the temps equalized. BTW I used my ProCom 4 to measure the temps. [p]Fattie went on first, followed 20 minutes later by the atb's and the chicken. When the chicken hit 140 internal I put the casserole and the skillet for the cobbler on. When the butter melted for the cobbler we poured in the batter and added the peaches. I threw the bacon on at some point. The ATB's were ready first 10 min later the chicken and the casserole was ready, then the cobbler. About 10 min later the fattie hit 175 and I pulled it.[p]Because I did not allow the egg to stabilize I had to move things from the lower rack to the middle rack to get them to cook.[p]The Green Bean casserole was great, the cobbler absorbed flavors from the fattie and could have been better. I should have put the cobbler on after pulling all the meat off the egg. [p]With this rack you can easily prepare a meal on the egg to feed 8 people.[p]I like the rack and I like how it works.[p]Anyway I have some pictures I will be happy to share if someone can tell me how to load them up them.

Comments