Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Instant Contests

Options
@Tspud1 and @stlcharcoal

i just wanted to start its own thread to say Thank You for the contests last night. I obviously think of things like this with a business capturing mindset since it is what I do for a living, however, last night, it was obvious the two of you were doing something directly for the group and nothing more. 

I also wanted to apologize to you @tspud1 for assuming too much yesterday. I know with my industry, when I am lumped it to all the bad car dealers in the world, it drives me absolutely crazy, and that is exactly what I did with you yesterday, which was not fair, even if I didn't have any issue personallly with it if it had been for email capture, etc. 

I already buy everything I can from @stlcharcoal  based on customer service much more so than savings of any kind, and if I ever have the funds to grab one of your style of tables @tspud1 , you can bet it will absolutely be from your business as well!

So Sorry again, and Thank You very much for the gestures last night!!  May everyone have an awesome cook today!!!
Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California

Comments

• tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Did I miss something?? I didn't see any instant contest. I troll at least four times a day.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    tcracing said:
    Did I miss something?? I didn't see any instant contest. I troll at least four times a day.
    They were late for the East Coast crowd last night. They have fallen to page 2 and 3 now on the forum pages. 

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    It was a fun couple of hours (especially since I was lucky enough to snag one). Thanks again @sticharcoal and @Tspud1
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    Options
    That stinks, if any one wants to pay it forward I'm here now.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    jabam said:
    It was a fun couple of hours (especially since I was lucky enough to snag one). Thanks again @sticharcoal and @Tspud1
    Congrats to you on that big win there. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,109
    Options
    They were fun!  Thanks guys :)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    I had a blast and I could not even participate in one as I had the magical winning number. It sure did kill some time last night. A huge thank you to @Tspud1 and @stlcharcoal for a fun few hours. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @tikigriller -  too bad all you can buy thru @stlcharcoal are accessories.  Rockwood will likely never cross the state-line.  That Prop 65 CYA deal has you by the balls.  Happy Thanksgiving.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @tikigriller -  too bad all you can buy thru @stlcharcoal are accessories.  Rockwood will likely never cross the state-line.  That Prop 65 CYA deal has you by the balls.  Happy Thanksgiving.

I've got friends in AZ. Next time I visit, I plan to have a large size order of RW delivered so I can drive it home to have!  Way too many people here support it to have it not be worth the effort. 

Livermore, California
  • ThrillSeeker
    Options
    Did someone say something about a used car salesman?

=) 

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Used Cars.......awesome movie!  "Well sir, we blew the $hit out of that overpriced MF'er, just like we blow the $hit out ALL High prices!!!  New Deal Used Cars!!!!" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHZWdFVyyQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHZWdFVyyQ
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Even though I didn't win, I did have fun so I'm hoping that there are more of these instant contests. I'm racking my brains to see what  I can donate.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options

I loved it when they tried to get the mechanic to be a car salesman.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUs1HZIrMMQ
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    I may have another next week or next month before Christmas . 
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

@tspud1 is a stand up respectable manufacture of high quality stainless steel tables. I happened to have been then fortunate winner of last years table. It has been fantastic. 

Thanks

Bill

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    bcsnave said:

@tspud1 is a stand up respectable manufacture of high quality stainless steel tables. I happened to have been then fortunate winner of last years table. It has been fantastic. 

Thanks

Bill    

I remember you almost didn't win it, you didn't see that you were winner right away. I took some heat on other forums for not giving it to backup drawing. since I had never posted their name or contacted them, no one was cheated out of anything. everyone can think they came in second