Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm DONE w/Head Country - devastating pics

2»

Comments

• This entire thread is like one big IQ test.  
    I find your istinulation to be verbulently cromulent 
    Christ I hope so.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166

When my old rubs get clumpy I think of the MILLIONS of people in the world who have nothing to put such a travesty on.

God bless the U.S.A. (more now than ever!)

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Nice legumes you got there. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Focker said:
    Uh oh!
    from dizzy's own info:

"Tightly cap your Dizzy Pig® rubs and store in a cool dark place for longest life. Our rubs may cake and clump with time, especially in humid weather conditions or with age. Our rubs are bottled immediately after grinding, when essential oils — the lifeblood of

the spices are released. Using
    pre-ground spices and chemical
    anti caking agents would certainly
    help the blends flow freely from
    the bottle...but weve decided to
    keep our products natural to
    assure the freshest flavor. A few
    gentle taps on the table, and
    some shaking usually breaks up
    clumping. For difficult caking
    revive the rub with a quick pulse
    in a small food processor or
    grinder, and return to
    shaker bottle. "

Sounds like a "garbage can rub" by "one and done" standards. 

ZERO issues from any of their rubs, and I've tried pretty much their entire lineup.  
    Well they dodged a friggin bullet there.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    One must look past the clumps to see the light.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited November 2016
    Focker said:

I'm going to start dumpster diving your house.  Especially if everything you ever come in contact with is tossed at even the inkling of an issue.  I, for one, would have nothing but a cardboard box over my head, at least till it rained and got soggy.  Soggly cardboard is a clear product failure of epic proportions . 

What do you do if a trash bag gets a hole, or doesn't unfold easily enough?  Toss it?  Toss it in what?  Good lord (not The Lord, just a lord like in the middle ages) I just realized you would throw the whole box out.  Damn, then what?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited November 2016
    This entire thread is like one big IQ test.  
    I find your istinulation to be verbulently cromulent 
    Christ I hope so.
    Wait, wha . . .  
    Why do you call him "Christ"?  :s

What are you not telling us? 
    Who knew Christ was so into grammar?!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Focker
    edited November 2016
    Focker said:

I'm going to start dumpster diving your house.  Especially if everything you ever come in contact with is tossed at even the inkling of an issue.  I, for one, would have nothing but a cardboard box over my head, at least till it rained and got soggy.  Soggly cardboard is a clear product failure of epic proportions . 

What do you do if a trash bag gets a hole, or doesn't unfold easily enough?  Toss it?  Tosd it in what?  Good lord ,  I just realized you would throw the whole box out.  Damn, then what?
    Come on over, but give me a heads up.  I 'll toss in a sixer of unopened Bud cans.

Maybe I should edit, and zoom in on the Pyrex bowl, sacrificing clump definition?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited November 2016
    C'mon guys, Tuesday is the new Friday!
    Clump Rubs Matter!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Focker said:
    C'mon guys, Tuesday is the new Friday!
    Clump Rubs Matter!
    Clumps suck, especially in mashed potatoes.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Focker said:

What do you do if a trash bag gets a hole, or doesn't unfold easily enough?  Toss it?  Toss it in what?  Good lord (not The Lord, just a lord like in the middle ages) I just realized you would throw the whole box out.  Damn, then what?
    I'm so confused,  :o
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    These two are in charge of any and all clumping problems period. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Focker said:

I'd like to know what he did with all of those broken condoms.  Maybe we should ask his kids.
  • That stike is as ugly as I remember 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Focker said:

I'm so confused,  :o
    Its code.  It makes sense to me.  Wait, no it doesn't.  I should delete it.  Dang, 1hr window past.  Its here forever.  Foiled again.
  • Focker
    I'm partial to this one I lifted.

Full steam ahead!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited November 2016
    Was contemplating a "Clump Will Make America Great Again" haiku contest.

The word clump should be used at least once.

Selected winner would get a half used jar of Honey Hog, and a third used jar of Honey Hog Hot...that I added 1/2t of Dave's habanero powder to actually make it hot.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    I add marshmallow in my rubs and that  keeps them from clumping.
  • I make my own rub. Shrug 

'cept for a few exotic DP rubs of course