Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's a MiniMax!

Options
Welcomed my new MiniMax with a simple (yet great) cook.  I know that there seems to be mixed opinions on the MiniMax across the forums, but it's 1 for 1 in my book, and I'm very excited for the KAB and Woo to arrive on Friday.

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Congrats... Jr looks right at home!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    No mixed opinion here.  We love ours :hug:
    So much that we (I) gifted one last Christmas to our Son @HuddleHouseCook .  Your inaugural MM cook looks doggone delish!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Congrats and enjoy!
  • SteelCitySmoke814
    Options
    No mixed opinion here.  We love ours :hug:
    So much that we (I) gifted one last Christmas to our Son @HuddleHouseCook .  Your inaugural MM cook looks doggone delish!
    I know it's too soon to quote a bunch of success stories, but I very much look forward to being able to use it for my smaller, more typical, cooks.  Additionally it's going to be awesome when I can lug it to a good tailgate, lake house weekends, etc.  I've used a friend's a good bit and finally broke down and got myself one because a local shop had what seemed to be a good deal going; I paid $480. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Fair price.  You'll get plenty of enjoyment using it.  Even when I use it to egg for 4-6 it's good and 2-3 even better.  Timing is the largest factor.  Ready to get toys for it yet?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Cool!  Congrats on the addition.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Here let me help you spend your $$$ :lol:
    CGS WOO combo
    KAB
    CI grid
    BGE med pizza stone & (a BGE PS optional )
    Smokeware

This one is free >>> make sure it has the new handles and hardware (search previous threads on this topic).  This is an important upgrade!  Without it when in tote the handles could give way and cause a devastating eggperience.
    Enjoy your new MM & welcome to the club.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Enjoy the new MM. I recently got one too - have yet to use it.

FYI - get the goodies Friday at CGS during the Black Friday sale.

Here's the post for handle replacement: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1977726/#Comment_1977726
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • SteelCitySmoke814
    Options
    Fair price.  You'll get plenty of enjoyment using it.  Even when I use it to egg for 4-6 it's good and 2-3 even better.  Timing is the largest factor.  Ready to get toys for it yet?
    Haha, sadly (not really) since this is my second rodeo I ordered the CGS Woo and KAB before I actually purchased the MiniMax.  Those two things get here Friday!  After that, I'm not sure what else I'll snag.  I have a Smokeware for my Large, but I don't use it a whole lot admittedly because my table sits under a little bump-out on the house so it doesn't take a whole lot of precipitation.  I also have a 13" CI grid for the CGS Spider in my Large that I'll use as the primary grate in the MiniMax.

Rest assured, I'll find some things to buy!
  • SteelCitySmoke814
    Options

This one is free >>> make sure it has the new handles and hardware (search previous threads on this topic).  This is an important upgrade!  Without it when in tote the handles could give way and cause a devastating eggperience.
    Oh... I have not read/heard of this.  I'll be doing some research ASAP on that.  I'm not sure if I have the "new" handles/hardware or not.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options

Oh... I have not read/heard of this.  I'll be doing some research ASAP on that.  I'm not sure if I have the "new" handles/hardware or not.
    See my post upthread about the handles. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    NPHuskerFL said:
    Enjoy your new MM & welcome to the club.
    I wonder if someone did have the old handle/ hardware and while they were toting their egg it all fell apart and broke on the ground, if BGE would warranty the egg??
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    @steelcitysmoke814, I like my KAB for my MM. It breathes so much easier! Gets to temp in no time.. You will enjoy it :)
  • SteelCitySmoke814
    Options
    @steelcitysmoke814, I like my KAB for my MM. It breathes so much easier! Gets to temp in no time.. You will enjoy it :)
    Absolutely - I added one to my Large last Christmas (courtesy of the Wife following us attending a local EggFest and her paying attention), and I like it a lot.  Given the smaller space of the MiniMax, I suspect I'll like it in there even more.  Thanks!
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options

Looking at KABs website, I see they are located in Jacksonville FLorida.. About 3 hrs from me.. I also saw they are offering FREE shipping on KABs.. That XL is looking mighty tempting.........

• SteelCitySmoke814
    Options

Looking at KABs website, I see they are located in Jacksonville FLorida.. About 3 hrs from me.. I also saw they are offering FREE shipping on KABs.. That XL is looking mighty tempting.........

What I found even better since my first BGE go-round on accessories 3 years back is that Ceramic Grill Store now sells the KAB, which cuts the shipping cost(s) down.  I ordered the Woo/Stone/KAB in one fall swoop.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Congrats on the new addition and good looking cook.  Like others have said, I absolutely love my Mini Max and have had no issues with it at all.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Ima_good_egg
    Options
    Congrats on the new addition! I also recently got a minimax, and love it.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Beautiful kickoff you had there.....I think it cooks and reacts a little different from the more traditional shaped eggs of various sizes. Once the learning curve was accomplished....I believe it became a great tool to the cooking arsenal.  Hope you will enjoy yours.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Powderhound
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Amy MM. It compliments all my other eggs too. Favorite so far on the MM is Cedar Plank Salmon. 
    Large, Medium, Mini, and Mini Max, a few too many accessories, 2 kids, 1 dog, and original wife.  Lover of winter, powdery snow, and lots of golf.  
  • SteelCitySmoke814
    Options
    Well, without checking it appears I have the "old" handles.  I picked it up this morning to move it out of the way, and the left/front side of the handle snapped right off.  Time to call BGE... sigh.