Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Corn"y" questions

edited 3:41PM in EggHead Forum
I am sorry I know I have read this but I couldnt find the answers in the archives.[p]1. do you take the silk out before you cook?
2. how long do you cook and at what temps?

·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Parrotthead111,
    I think its much easier to remove the silk after you cook it. -RP

·
  • RodanRodan Posts: 32
    Parrotthead111,
    I used to go thru all of the desilking, soaking, tieing the husk back up, etc.[p]Now I just pull the husk except for just the thin inner husk, trim the end of the silk that is hanging out & put them on the grill till the kernels start to show through and the husks get some grill marks. Silk comes off easily after cooking (actually easier I think).
    Rod

·
  • I peel the husk back, remove the silk, smear butter on the corn and replace the husk. I usually tie the husk with a piece of the husk. I cook at 350 degrees or so for about 45 minutes. :woohoo:
    ·
  • Parrotthead111,[p]Just made some last night that turned out great. Simply soaked the ears in some water and sugar for about an hour, let them sit out for a couple of minutes then threw them on the grill direct at 400 for about fifteen or twenty minutes turning every 5 minutes or so. Delicious and the husk and silk came off very easily.
    ·
  • BillTBillT Posts: 61
    Parrotthead111,[p]I don't completely (see below) "desilk" either; used too but is too easy after the corn is done. I don't soak any more but instead use some dipping oils (flavored olive oil) instead. I open the end of the corn to expose a couple inches of kernels, pull any silk that wants to come off, and then drizzle some dipping oil and let run to closed end of ear. I then put on egg (350-400) and turn about every 10 minutes to grill all four sides. If the grill is hot and the corn is getting black instead of golden brown I turn quicker next time. The flavored oils enhance the taste and you don't need to butter at the table. The sun-dried tomato and garlic are my favorites.[p]Anyone else try this?[p]BillT
    ·