Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn"y" questions

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am sorry I know I have read this but I couldnt find the answers in the archives.[p]1. do you take the silk out before you cook?
2. how long do you cook and at what temps?

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Parrotthead111,
    I think its much easier to remove the silk after you cook it. -RP

• Rodan
    Rodan Posts: 32
    Parrotthead111,
    I used to go thru all of the desilking, soaking, tieing the husk back up, etc.[p]Now I just pull the husk except for just the thin inner husk, trim the end of the silk that is hanging out & put them on the grill till the kernels start to show through and the husks get some grill marks. Silk comes off easily after cooking (actually easier I think).
    Rod

• I peel the husk back, remove the silk, smear butter on the corn and replace the husk. I usually tie the husk with a piece of the husk. I cook at 350 degrees or so for about 45 minutes. :woohoo:
  • Parrotthead111,[p]Just made some last night that turned out great. Simply soaked the ears in some water and sugar for about an hour, let them sit out for a couple of minutes then threw them on the grill direct at 400 for about fifteen or twenty minutes turning every 5 minutes or so. Delicious and the husk and silk came off very easily.
  • BillT
    BillT Posts: 61
    Parrotthead111,[p]I don't completely (see below) "desilk" either; used too but is too easy after the corn is done. I don't soak any more but instead use some dipping oils (flavored olive oil) instead. I open the end of the corn to expose a couple inches of kernels, pull any silk that wants to come off, and then drizzle some dipping oil and let run to closed end of ear. I then put on egg (350-400) and turn about every 10 minutes to grill all four sides. If the grill is hot and the corn is getting black instead of golden brown I turn quicker next time. The flavored oils enhance the taste and you don't need to butter at the table. The sun-dried tomato and garlic are my favorites.[p]Anyone else try this?[p]BillT