Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

got my dizzy pig........now time to try it out,any suggestions?

mikeb6109
mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ok,went to moncton for some dizzy and made a weekend of it! also on my trip found some potebella and oyster mushrooms!!any suggestions recipies so i can get the egg hot and slap those on!!! heard that they are real good on the egg and thought i'd give it a try. oh yeah and for the dizzy got them all!!!
thanks mike

Comments

• CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    mikeb6109,[p]Spatchcocked chicken with Tsunami spin is our favorite. You could use any of the Dizzy pig's on the mushrooms I would think mixed with a nice coating of olive oil.
  • mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    mikeb6109,[p]I would suggest the Ginger-Lime Chicken Skewers with Tsnami Spin. We did them last night and they were a hit. I used the same marinade on the mushrooms and they were even better than the chicken![p]•mojopin
  • mikeb6109,
    can't quite speak from exact experience but we loved the ginger lime chicken skewers listed on his site and didn't have any dizzypig rub to add. Figure it can only get better with tsunami added. two cents.[p]

[ul][li]DP Chicken Skewer[/ul]
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    mikeb6109,
    I like to use a 50/50 mixture of Dizzy Dust and brown sugar on baked sweet potatoes. You cut the potatoes into quarters, lengthwise, coat with EVOO and shake on a heavy coating of the mix. Put the pieces back together and wrap in foil and cook in the oven at around 375 for about 1 1/4 hour or until soft. Certainly could do on the BGE as well. [p]This is based on a recipe from Dr. BBQ's first book. The difference being in the use of the DP mix vs. a rub recipe provided by the good Dr.