Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

eggplant

edited 9:11PM in EggHead Forum
I need a few ideas for eggplant on the egg. thanks ph

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    39173a7d.jpg
    <p />parrotthead111,[p]I make a Big Green Eggplant Parmesan. The link to my cookin' site is below and you will find the eggplant recipe in the "One Dish Meal" section.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Click Me[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • CT GrillguyCT Grillguy Posts: 149
    parrotthead111,[p]We just love eggplant sliced thick, brushed with Olive Oil, and seasoned with salt and pepper. Grill em at like 400 ish until they get slightly charred. We like it simple.
  • DobieDadDobieDad Posts: 502
    thirdeye,[p]How did I miss that? Did you put that on your site recently???[p]Looks easy and good, and we love eggplant.[p]Will try that soon.[p]DD
    DobieDad,[p]I think it went up last year. [p]Hey, do you like things of green that are a little spicy? Right below the eggplant, there is the first public posting of a 20 year old secret in the form of my wife's green chili. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• CT Grillguy,
    simple is my middle name

• CT GrillguyCT Grillguy Posts: 149
    thirdeye,[p]Oh my, what's the web address. Green chili is one of my favorites.
    thirdeye,[p]You've got me going on this one (as usual).[p]Do you roast your pork butt in the Egg? [p]Any advantage to smoke here?[p]DD
    DobieDad,[p]Well, no I don't... BUT, why don't you check out the link below to Chucks site. Make sure to click on the blue hyperlinks as there are some wonderful photographs of the cook. Once upon a time he was getting a bunch of ideas together to formulate a green chili to be done as much as possible on his Egg, so I sent him the recipe to look over. His final product was very unique and turned out a winner in more ways than one.[p]PS Funny thing, I reversed the number of anaheims and poblanos and by the time I realized my mistake and called him, it was too late. He was in the middle of the cook. The moral of the story? I got a good lesson in proof reading.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Lazy L[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

thirdeye,[p]What wood did Chuck use for smoke?[p]DD
    DobieDad,[p]Gee, I'm not sure. Cherry is very good with pork. Maybe Chuck will chime in, his handle is Chuckls.[p]This is the link to his homepage & his e-mail is found on the Spoon Rest Page.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Link[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~